Raptor Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there !

is hot rods stroker crank are good?

stroker and big bore are my next mod i am runing pump gas witch type off compression piston should i go with ?

thanks

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
the hr stroker cranks are great. of course there are better ones out there but ive built dozens of motors with them and made over 100hp on them with only one failure in the past 4 years. i would definately run one. you should go with the tech 10.75 piston because the crank will bump it up a little over 11:1. be sure and do some head studs while your at it.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
I love my +5HR. Noticed a significant increase with it too. One full season of hard riding with no issues.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Should you do head studs just putting the +5in?

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
by studs do you mean the aftermarket kit? or just new head bolts? How hard would it be to put one of these cranks in? what do you normally replace when the motors apart if any? I've thought about getting this crank for a long time.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
all u gotta have is the flywheel puller, if you take your time it isnt that hard just pay attention to where everything goes. and he means aftermarket studs, those aluminum bolts suck. i would put studs in any motor i went into no matter if it went back stock. a blown gasket can cause some expensive problems.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks guy i will defenatly go for big bore 105.5 and + 5 mil hot rods crank !!!
can t wait to install that stuff in it to see the improvement !
wath you think the hp number will be after this mod ? i am all ready at 67.5 hp:wow::D8)
thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What TB you running?
stock and i have one that my builder is porting right now + 2 mm i am gone to instal it at the same time !!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts