Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got some friends close by that stunt quads and Im questioning doing the same. Consists of parking lot stunts lot of slow walk wheelies, transfer's, slow or dead stop clutch ups.. etc etc. Anything particular I need to know about the 700 in order to prevent massive bike failure like oil sump, clutch durability, wheel bearing issues, shock durability, tranny issues, sub frame strength,, etc etc.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
All good have fun!!! The rappy can manage that easily!!!

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
My big3 rappy with prog.dyntek and hc3

I didn't destroy nothing but a set of XCT's lol you can see the black rubber flying.

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Dont ask spider he could probably destroy the moon with one spin...Hes a crazy mother tucker!!! LMAO...

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Garanteed!!! +1000... sponsors should send the new arrivals for testing to spider LOL. Un-breakable swinger ya RIGHT! LOL. Toaster = exploded! Muffin = Capout! Towel = spontaneously combusted!

All in all if its made to be un-breakable Spider is the one that can break it LOL.

Sorry Danny for giving you the breaker rap! LOL

And this is why im not going to shake his hand if i meet him!!! LMAO

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
You should be fine, I don't think you will have any issues with oil flow. You see a lot of videos of rappys doing wheelies for miles. The 700 is very tough machine. Frenchie I think Spider has some dough nuts for you. :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
COOL ill have some!!! Front lawn style please!!! LOL

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
My granny always said I could break an anvil with a Q-tip.lmao I'd be mire than happy to test new products. If it last me 6 months it'll last a normal person a lifetime lol.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah the oil sump was my biggest concern. My friends hold em up at 12 oclock right at balance point for a good while just barely creeping them a few inches at a time while there doing whatever else with themselves.

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
My granny always said I could break an anvil with a Q-tip.lmao I'd be mire than happy to test new products. If it last me 6 months it'll last a normal person a lifetime lol.
LOL it surrely would lmao!

Lets start the Spider legend:

Could ride a mean bike even if he wasent too right!

Arms tick as a train and stronger than the whole of spain!

He would have a break just to break some more shtuff.

I think i just said enough...lol:D

·
Registered
167 Posts
My friends and I like to do wheelies too, one day after doing a bunch of long pavement runs my friends yfz rod bearing locked up, and that made me wonder if it was from lack of oil so I tipped mine up to the balance point without me on it and rev'd for about a min and then shut it off and put it back on the ground and checked the oil and I didn't have anything on the stick and I normally keep it over the full mark just in case this might happen. My conclusion is I don't think the oil tank has enough oil to keep the sump submerged at the 12 oclock position. I have been thinking about getting a larger tank, maybe Fl. Woods Raptor could do the same test to see if his larger tank has different results.

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
I've wheelied for miles at a time with no trouble. the 700 would be better than the 660 because at the 12 oclock position the 660 dies out due to a lack of fuel if your not revving it

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
There has been a ton of debating over this issue. I'm not sure that there was ever a conclusion but woofers and willykiller know all about it and hopefully they will chime in here for you. I do know this, the crank and piston are splash oiled. so if your in a wheelie for a long period of time they will not be getting any. The oil pickup is about 1.5" forward of the rear bottom in the crankcase. It will more than likely be submerged BUT it is about 2 inches around so if the whole pickup is not submerged then it will lose suction and fail to oil the top end. . If I ever take my case apart then I'll do somemeasuring to find out the volume of oil it will take to completely cover the pickup. There is a dummy light out on the market that will come on if there is a loss of oil pressure, just google it or something and you'll find it. I beleive they were on ebay. My advice would be to make damn sure you run a top notch full synthetic oil like amsoil or mobil1 just for some piece of mind.

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Woudn't the oil from the oil tank drain in to the case and provide more oil in the motor? and what ever oil gets pumped into the tank just flow right back. With the oil go with amsoil it's the best over all oil so you won't have to worry about any thing.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
my neighbors hate me. all of them are over 35 with kids or grandkids and then theres me... between the rap and r1, i dont know which one they hate more. or they may just be haters about the fact that im 27 livin it up..

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
I'd almost put $5.34 down that every neighbor on that block hates you and wish you would move. :eek: Sometimes I get evil looks mowing my yard to early in the morning I couldn't imagine the reaction if I took my quad down the street.. haha
$5.34 huh? betting a gallon of gas? :lol:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts