Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well went out last night and was out cruising through some trails and stopped and was talking to a friend and looked down to see my temp light cut on. Immediately killed the bike and had him tow me home, went through everything in the cooling system and finally figured out the fan was not coming on.

Anyone know a good place to get a fan? I took it to yamaha and they said it was the fan motor that had burnt out.

:3question: any help I'd appreciate.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! If I cant get ahold of a new one for a cheap price I'll definately grab one of those as fast as possible :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
you sure its the fan? if you turn the key on and take the plug off the temp sensor in the bottom left of the radiator, short those pins together, if the fan comes on, it probably the sensor, if it doesn't come on its the fan.

·
Registered
162 Posts
so you can test the fan by shorting the censor , but how do you test the censor? I have owned mine for 2 years now and i have never heard it come on before and the fan spins free... I live in IL not all that hot but my LTZ runs in the summer...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.