Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how the hell are you guys getting the freaking rear hub nuts off? i have tried a cheater bar, a cresent wrench an impact wrench still nothing. I am about ready to kick the whole damn thing to the curb!!! Any thoughts? how do you keep the hubs from turning i have it in gear but when i really bear down on it with the cheater bar i hear something in the engine and i am afraid i am stripping something!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
You took the cotter pin out right? :lol:

Mine was a PAIN the first time I removed it...I put a 1/2" drive 2' long breaker bar on a socket, and gave it a swift stomp to break it loose, first time was a bitch...no problem after that. Adding a little heat to it will help also...

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You took the cotter pin out right? :lol:

Mine was a PAIN the first time I removed it...I put a 1/2" drive 2' long breaker bar on a socket, and gave it a swift stomp to break it loose, first time was a bitch...no problem after that. Adding a little heat to it will help also...
how did you keep the hub from turning? i feel like the engine gear are bitching cause i have it in gear to keep it from turning but it sounds like it turning the gears the wrong way i am afraid its going to strip something!!

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
I just set the parking brake and put the quad into first gear....

as for the heat, a small propane torch should work well. Don't go crazy, just hit it for a little bit until it is hot and try cranking on it.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just set the parking brake and put the quad into first gear....

as for the heat, a small propane torch should work well. Don't go crazy, just hit it for a little bit until it is hot and try cranking on it.
damn i dont have a pb anymore!!! any other ideas in place of the pb?

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
He's talkin about a torch. Stick a rag or a old shirt between the rear sprocket and chain.

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
Or have someone stand on the rear brake.

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
That's a good idea spartan. Didn't think about that.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
K went and bought a small butane torch and a breaker bar guess we will c if it works oh and will be using the back brake too.

·
Registered
76 Posts
If you get a strong enough impact gun it will break them loose no problem without even touching the brake or anything. That's what I did the first time I removed mine from my 2009 and they were on there super super tight.

How many pounds of breaking force does the impact you used have?

-Jon

·
If you don't wreck, you don't ride
4,451 Posts
I just used a cheater pipe w/ half inch drive...Came loose easily :thumbsup: Good luck!

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok finally got those nuts off now according to the manual I need to take the four Allen bolts out and then start slowing beating it out. What about the chain and rear sproket when does that come off?

·
Premium Member
3,478 Posts
Loosen up the adjustment on the chain and just slide that off. the sprocket hub stays on the axle. you can remove the sprocket if you want but not necessary.

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
You just need to take the right hub off if you are just trying to remove the axle from the carrier, no need to pull the left hub or the sprocket...but you do need to pull the chain off of the sprocket.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am using all of my stock piece to go back on my lsr axle so I have to get everything off at some point right?

·
If you don't wreck, you don't ride
4,451 Posts
Sure do! All I did was took the four bolts off the rear sprocket and loosened the axle carrier and tapped the axle out! :) the snap ring was a bit of a pain for me lol but you will get it.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Where is the snap ring and how the hell do u get the disc brake off on the right side?

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok I see the snap ring now. How do u get it off now? What tool worked best for this job?

1 - 20 of 54 Posts