Raptor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading alot about the big three mods, and was wondering would it be worth my while to invest in a PC3 controller with stock air cleaner and stock exhaust(don't have cash for all 3 right now)??I have read many times the stock 700 runs lean and is there a map for this application?Thanks

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Yep....just getting the PC III would make a world of difference. I'm almost positive that they have a map on Powercommanders web site for your set up bro. And yes, out of the box this thing runs lean, so the PC III would help this problem out. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man now where is the best deal to order??Thanks again

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
YES its worth the investment bro. These bikes come lean from the factory so when you add a PCIII, it makes it run perfect. When you get the right map she will run like a beast. you can also upload a map to where you can take the lid off and the take out the SA. so yes buy if you have the money. -- WOODY

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Everyone on this forum is great and FAST to respond I'll order tomorrow thanks again guys.RIDE HARD AND FAST!!!

·
Registered
85 Posts
I called my local Yamaha shop today and was told that my bike runs rich out of the box. I am at 4500 above sea level though.

Just something to consider if anyone else is up this high.

·
Registered
305 Posts
vetteguy112233 said:
I called my local Yamaha shop today and was told that my bike runs rich out of the box. I am at 4500 above sea level though.

They lied.

And about the PCIII only. If oyu got the PCIII i would remove the air box lid and also remove the cap/spark aresstor on the rear of the exhaust to open that bad boy up. If you did that (no extra cost besides PCIII) you would be good. Then next do the intake, then last the exhast.

·
Registered
14 Posts
integlikewhoa said:
vetteguy112233 said:

They lied.

And about the PCIII only. If oyu got the PCIII i would remove the air box lid and also remove the cap/spark aresstor on the rear of the exhaust to open that bad boy up. If you did that (no extra cost besides PCIII) you would be good. Then next do the intake, then last the exhast.
Loading the "no spark arresor, lid removed" map does make a difference. Right now my brother and I have the same exact quad. 700R with GYTR intake and removed spark arrestor, only difference is I removed the air box lid and have a PCIII with that map and as a result, my quad pulls harder. Granted he weighs 50lbs more than me, when we swiched quads, we stay about even. My quad can pull as hard as his with an extra 50lbs and the only difference is the PCIII and airbox lid. Worth the money IMO, but if you can afford it, start looking for your 3 Mods. I just ordered my Barker Duals to complete my 3 Mods today :thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts