Raptor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys. Just a quick (and kind of stupid question):

I plan to get a PC5 and full exhaust for my rappy 700, and remove the air bod lid.

I was gonna just use the stock air box and stock air filter, but remove the lid (and of course use the PC5.)

Is there much of a gain if I go further than just removing the lid? As in, K&N air filter, and aftermarket intake?

I'm not quite sure what the "intake" even is, but if I had to guess, I would say it is the rubber tube/hose that connected the air box to the throttle body or whatever. Is that right?

So yea, is there much of a gain in doing MORE than just taking the lid off of the stock air box?

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,833 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I should mention that I don't care about small gains. So if it is only a mediocre gain, I don't care to bother.

I'm sure removing the lid makes a HUGE gain, considering how restricting that POS is. And I will def. do that.

But I don't know if I want to bother with aftermarket filters and intake...

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Where do you ride? Might not see alot of dif in the tight woods trails but wide open drag or dunes is a very noticeable difference

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where do you ride? Might not see alot of dif in the tight woods trails but wide open drag or dunes is a very noticeable difference

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I ride pretty much anywhere. But I prefer in the open, vs tight trails.

I plan on doing full exhaust + PC5.

My question was, will there be much difference in using an aftermarket intake + aftermarket filter, vs just using stock air filter and air box, with LID OFF.

Thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'd like to know about this as well. The big 3 is exhaust, programmer and intake, and I'm wondering if my raptor with full exhaust, programmer and lid removed is a "certified" big 3 bike or if the new (bigger I'm assuming?) intake adapter actually makes a significant difference. If the billet intake adapters were $30 I wouldn't worry about it and throw one on, but ~$90 is different.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just realized you had another thread about this with some more action. Did you ever put on an aftermarket intake and did you notice any gains?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I’ve found tons of stuff about gains from removing the lid or intake and lid but I’ve searched for 2 days and can’t seem to find anything about going from lid off to lid off with new intake adapter

·
Registered
278 Posts
Pro flow is the best bolt on adapter. If I remember right the FCI was worth 1 hp over the pro flow. The higher the rpm or bigger the engine the more the FCI helps.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Pro flow is the best bolt on adapter. If I remember right the FCI was worth 1 hp over the pro flow. The higher the rpm or bigger the engine the more the FCI helps.
Yeah I’ve heard the FCI is great for new cams and pistons, but breathes a little too much for the stock cams and compression and you end up losing low end. Since I’ll probably stick with the big 3 for a long time I’m gonna go with the MonsterFlow intake since it has a larger filter than the pro design but still keeps the stock intake tube.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts