Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stupid question I know... but would the stock 700 shocks fit a 2005 660?

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
pewterpecker said:
I thought the 700's had a YFZ front end, and YFZ shocks bolt up to the 660 with some minor modifications. But I could be wrong.
Thanks, that is what I was thinking too... but I want to make sure.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Yes, pretty sure they do...

·
Registered
120 Posts
The 700 shocks are slightly longer than the 660. Im not sure they will fit as easy as you might think.

·
Registered
176 Posts
You still wont have any more adjustment over the 660 shocks. Unfortunately the only thing you can change is the spring preload. One thing I dont understand is why Yamaha continues to only offer the adjustable compression and rebound shocks on the yfz 450, and not the 700.

Now if youre just looking to replace worn out stock shocks..Im pretty sure they will fit :thumbsup:

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
twistedwedge said:
You still wont have any more adjustment over the 660 shocks. Unfortunately the only thing you can change is the spring preload. One thing I dont understand is why Yamaha continues to only offer the adjustable compression and rebound shocks on the yfz 450, and not the 700.

Now if youre just looking to replace worn out stock shocks..Im pretty sure they will fit :thumbsup:
I was getting confused with the stock 700 from the GYTR and SE. :( I thought they all had ressy's.
*sigh* oh well... my search continues....

·
Registered
176 Posts
I stand corrected...I thought that all 700's had the same front shocks. The 2007 GYTR and SE models have adjustment like the yfz. Now to get someone to sell them... ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts