Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to start racing in the spring and have a stupid question. which would be better to use thumb trottle or twist throttle?

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Well, you'll find that this is a debated subject no matter what kind of racing you do. I think most of the people running twists are doing XC I think.

Or you could just get that thing they did a write up in the last issue of dirtwheels... called the dualgasser or something.... it has a thumb and twist.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I could never get used to the thumb throttle after riding motorcycles for 30 years and it was one of the first things i changed when i got the quad. My hand just throbed after riding awhile.
I would think a person would have more control with a twist since you have the entire hand around it. I race MX on dirt bikes for a long time and some of the obsticles may cause you to be thrown around and with the thumb throttle you need to have your thumb on the lever to use it so you may lose contact with it.With a twist you will always be on it.
I suppose it comes down to your preference.
PS- i gave a thumb throttle to a guy at work who hated twist throttles so much , he wanted to try and install it on his dirt bike. Never did hear how that worked out !

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
The thumb and twist throttle combo is from www.TerryCable.com it cost $149.95 and has 5 year warranty
Phone number to order is 1-800-854-4691

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.