Raptor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a Lonestar rear axle adjustable from +2 to +4. Now with that Im getting ready to order the ishock 5500 kit with the +2 A-arms. Any sugestions on where to set the rear axle?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats what I was thinking as well but I didnt know if there was anybody else out there that had any suggestions from experience.

·
Registered
494 Posts
+4" would be where I would set it. You never want the rear end wider than the front.

Since the axle is adjustable, you can try it in both positions and let us know what you like better.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll try it both ways and get back let everyone know how it turned out.

Thanks.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I am running the same set-up you are looking into. I started out with all three spacers on each side which I guess would be +4 and it worked great. It was a dead match to the front end. Someone I met in Glamis said to try taking two spacers out so the rear was just a bit narrower than the front. Since it only takes a couple of minutes to do, I tried it and it seemed to track a little better. Especially coming downhill off the throttle (fast). I don't know who he was or why this seemed to work, just try it for yourself. By the way, that IShock front end is the shiznit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts