Raptor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2019 700r se i have the big three already but want want a little....im looking for speed i do alot street race once in awhile trails i was looking on getting a 47mm throttle body but was told jump to the 54mm throttle body....on the camshaft i order hotcam stage 3 but was told the webcam 290 it better..any suggestion

·
Registered
67 Posts
I believe that maybe a bit much unless you are gonna open up the engine do some stuff. 47 mm tb and hotcams 3 are perfect for a stock engine

·
Registered
60 Posts
Try the 50mm throttle body and let me know how it goes. I run the 47 right now and have always wondered how the 50 works

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
10,573 Posts
A +3 TB will support well over 75 HP. A Web cam requires HD valve springs, more compression and should also have porting and bigger valves.

·
Premium Member
2,450 Posts
Go with the +3 bored oem throttle body and hotcam 3. Anything worthwhile cam wise over hotcam 3 at minimum requires heavier springs and usually needs rocker clearancing. You won’t need anything bigger than a 47mm throttle body until you do some head porting & larger valves.

Stock head use +3tb and hotcam 3
Ported big valves use 54mm Tb and cam suites to your needs/cc/compression

·
Premium Member
2,450 Posts
Try the 50mm throttle body and let me know how it goes. I run the 47 right now and have always wondered how the 50 works
The 50 only really does anything for a very small build window. Generally if your build is to the point that you need bigger than a +3, the 54 out performs the 50.

47mm up to mid 70s hp, 54mm up to low 100s hp, 58mm (or custom BIG) if you’re really pushing.
The 50mm really only fits into that mid 70s hp range where a 54mm is probably better anyway.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the helps im new to the raptor game and new to forum i always been 2 stroke...well guess im getting 3+tb from cuervo and hc3

·
Premium Member
2,450 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,450 Posts
Sounds like everyone has tried a 50. What specifically was the issue?
If you’ve got a 70hp bike on a 47, you may gain a little bit by going to a 50. But at that point, you’de likely gain more from a 54.

Really the only point of a 50 is to push what you can do on stock valve port, which the 47 already does a great job.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts