Raptor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cleaned my Carb Today with (Carb Cleaner and then Air them out with air spray)... I took my Gas tank off and cleaned it out too, as thier was some Dirt inside it and rocks! So I took the hose inside the tank and Sprayed it all out and Waited till it was all dry inside to put it back on.. I went to the Gas station today to get gas..I changed my spark plug, Now i Dont no why it wont START the ATV is FRUSTURATING me.. someone help!!

·
Registered
177 Posts
did you turn on the gas???? rock the quad a little to get gas all through the carb, thats what I do when I take off my carbs

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I rocked it abit, And I try starting it and nothing and the gas is on... When i was trying to start it it POP (backfired)? WTF?

·
Registered
177 Posts
maybe one of the jets could have got clogged???

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just cleaned the jets and carb aww this thing is frusturating me ALL i want is it too fire [email protected]

·
Registered
177 Posts
when you blew them out you could have blown a liitle piece of sand or dirt into one of youre jets

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Whats the LOUD POP from the Exhaust?

·
Registered
639 Posts
could be a lean or a rich pop, probably lean. never use compressed air to blow out a carb, like they said before you will blow a pice of dirt into somewhere it shouldnt be. i would think though that your float is stuck. try tapping it LIGHTLY on the carb with the handle of a hammer and see if it will start then

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Whats the proper way to clean the carb, just spray the carb cleaneron it and leave it?

·
Registered
204 Posts
With the pop when you are trying to start it, it is most likely a rich pop. Meaning your overloading your cylinder with gas. Hows your spark?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts