Raptor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have read a lot of the threads on here and see that the Big 3 mod's (Intake, fuel programmer and exhaust) are usually the first things to do and that FCI, PCIII or V, and Barkers Duals are the top picks.

My question is what would be the best single exhaust system to use that would still be quiet or not much louder than stock?

(I have always preferred flow through or turbo mufflers over straight pipes or glass-packs on vehicles :))

If there is a thread that already covers this, please point me to it. I didn't find it searching.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I run a Yoshi RS7 full w/FCI and it's not that loud at all... I also know I'm not getting everything out of my Big Bore but it's faster than what it was so I'm happy!

·
Registered
555 Posts
Have a good look at the CT Racing single. It scored very high on the tests a few years ago. Their new silencer has a 2 1/4" core diameter which is good for flow and uses the Super Trapp disc system as a spark arrester. What this does is allow you to add or remove discs to quiet it down or increase performance.
So, if you need to meet a certain DB level, remove some discs and if you want to race your buddies you simply add some discs. Kinda like two pipes in one.
Here's a link -> http://www.ctracing.com/raptor_700.htm

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
i agree with sprinterx on the ct, also look @ sparks racing x6 exhaust its only second to (imo) the xx6 but you dont want that one its too loud, the x6 you can put sparkys and quiet cores in it good luck. p.s. all aftermarket pipes are louder than stock cause they're not all corked up or a super tiny s/a in them

·
Registered
863 Posts
i say sparks x6. Thats what im running. went from barker duals to the sparks and dont regret it one bit. however its not exactly a quiet pipe. but very nice fit and good quality

·
Registered
15 Posts
i am also looking for a quiet single exhaust and compatible box i had a fmf q4 on my last quad a kfx 400 and loved it provided good power ganis and was louder than stock but quieter than any other aftermarket slip on ive ever seen has anyone tried a q4 on a 700?

·
Registered
415 Posts
i've got the sparks x6 standard core and it is kinda loud. they sell quiet end caps, but i don't think it will quiet it down too well. and if it does it will lose alot of power. their endcaps just have a smaller hole to not let as much of the sound out. if you want a quiet exhaust don't get a sparks. i love mine, but after being around other full exhausts on different quads, i am by far the loudest.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts