Raptor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What option would you pick and please give details if you have either setup.... I'm new to the quad world (came from bikes) but want/need more power after the first 3 mods! Please give me some real world feedback if you have used either setup. Thank you.

A) High Compression Piston (12:1), Stage 2 Webcams, Port/Polish on Cylinder head

or

B) Trinity Racing's Big Bore kit (734cc) HC piston, Stage 2 Webcams, Port/Polish, New valves/springs

Basically kit 2 is bolt on ready for $1500.

Kit 1 is around $850ish.

Any other viable solutions are welcome.

Thanks in advance
Tim

·
Registered
751 Posts
uh, cant really help you out brotha, If your getting bored of the setup you got now, damn.. I see what you are saying, maybe nitrous. or turbo.. all depending on what type of riding you do.. I do a lot of trails and some dunes (massachusetts) not much here, but if it was dunes i would have the same setup you do, get sick of it and probably put a turbo on it.. sorry, not much help..

·
Registered
478 Posts
I would go (and am planning mine now)

Big bore 105.5mm piston 12:1 or 12.5:1
Port and polish head
+1mm valves
either megacyle stage II or web stage 3

Then down the road if you want more all you have to do is decide what size stroked crank you want.

·
VIP AKA Corn Dog
1,855 Posts
Screw it man, just put a blower on it, run some Nitro-Methanol....call it good

·
Registered
262 Posts
ya get the Stage 3 cam don't waste the time with the stage 2 I've had both I know....

·
Registered
902 Posts
YellowistheFastest said:

Port and polish head
+1mm valves

Then down the road if you want more all you have to do is decide what size stroked crank you want.
I agree. BUT, I would add, if money isn't an issue - do the stroker now. If you can afford the extra dollars, just do it now and be done with it! It just costs more in the end doing it twice.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you to the replies.

As far as the blower/turbo...that is planned for the sled this year. I just want a little more power out of this very capable motor! I also want as MUCH reliablity as I can have. I don't want: ride a few then wrench a few hours.

The trinity kit sounds like what you recommended to some extent. Big bore with new valves/springs as well as the HC piston. I could probably get the stage 3 cam, but I want a power curve all throughout the rpm range, not just the top end being an arm-ripper.

·
Registered
511 Posts
YellowistheFastest said:

Port and polish head
+1mm valves

this is what i have with valve guides (dont forget the guides). I am running the web cam (go billet) stage 3

curve starts taking off at about 4,000 rpm's and doesnt stop till about 9,000 rpm's approx. (i cant find me dyno sheet lol). with the HC piston the torque will work great befor the curve takes off and after the curve starts the watch out cuz she rips and gets!! :grin_nod: I am very pleased with my build and i have a few hard hrs on her now and not 1 problem, very reliable :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

dont forget the barkers or a set of duels as that is where the curve comes in, it really shined after them.

Capt

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
captnkllm said:
YellowistheFastest said:

Port and polish head
+1mm valves

this is what i have with valve guides (dont forget the guides). I am running the web cam (go billet) stage 3

curve starts taking off at about 4,000 rpm's and doesnt stop till about 9,000 rpm's approx. (i cant find me dyno sheet lol). with the HC piston the torque will work great befor the curve takes off and after the curve starts the watch out cuz she rips and gets!! :grin_nod: I am very pleased with my build and i have a few hard hrs on her now and not 1 problem, very reliable :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

dont forget the barkers or a set of duels as that is where the curve comes in, it really shined after them.

Capt
Are these setups being used in anything other than the dunes? I love the dunes, but I also ride a lot in open desert areas, and climbing.

Who built these kits for you and what is a good price for the motor work on this setup you're recommending?

·
Registered
511 Posts
cost can run approx 3,000.00 for piston, cam, springs,guides, oversized valves,port polish and exhaust.

Pure evil in las vegas ask for tom

Capt

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.