Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I went out with the family sunday. We showed up and unloaded everything. So I went off with my bro and we were gone for 5 mins up a trail. I say lets turn around and get our camel packs. So on the way back I took a different trail(bad idea) I was in 3 and was on it. About half way back there were roads running left to right instead of up and down. I slowed down for the first one then started jumping them. Well about 80ft from the truck I hit the last one which was 4ft deep/ I hit it in 3rd doiung about 40mph. Needless to say i flew up 15ft in the air slid 40ft raptor ran over me so many times was funny. I got up the quad was upside down I killed it kicked it on its side then kicked it over again because gas was leaking. Then I fell to the ground my bro saw everything and them my mom came running over and another person asked and helped me out. So not even 15 min into riding we loaded everything back up and went to the doctors. I waited there arms all cut and bloody side's hurtin' like a son of a %$*_. Turns out two rips broken. Right foot is broken aswell. My arms hurt my righ knee is hurtin bad. The raptor needs:new plastic,the reverse light,neutral light and oil light, a new steering stem and bars, a new axel, a new tank and other little stuff.

Lesson learned next time I go out riding now the area and ride a little slower. I will try and get pics of the raptor.

·
Registered
519 Posts
ohhh man that is not gud at all,means you can put new stuff on ur bike woohoo thats a bonus :lol:.

·
Registered
176 Posts
sucks that you wrecked man...glad you werent hurt worse.

Somethin I always do is ride slowly through unknown terrain first, make a lap or two and then go back for jumps etc...Of course you know that now, lol. I fractured my shoulder blade in multiple places back in june basically the same way. I wasnt wearing any other gear than a helmet...and now I wear everything possible whenever I sit on the rappy.

hope you heal up quick, and get back out there soon.

·
Registered
371 Posts
ya dude that sucks, i almost had an acounter like that, i didnt see this nice huge dug grove in the side of the road, because it was covered in grass. I say i was in top of 3rd or 4th cant remember and couldnt slow down in time, instead of the bike gettin hurt, i flew over the handle bars rolled a couple of times and was lucky not to have broken anything. went to the doctors with the biggest head ache ever. i slowed down now first, lol.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I lost count on the way back I thought I hit the last one so I shifted but I was shifting a little early and caught the last one. The doc said I may need back surgey and may to be at bed side for a month. :mad: I said at best 2 weeks untill I am out there again.

·
Registered
960 Posts
ouch sorry to here that man that is a good way to upgrade though

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.