Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
If you are doing allot of riding i would get the HID kit in 6000k. I was looking in to this but the ballist will have to show as i really did not find a good place to hide them. I think i am going to go with the ebay hyper white 35W=60W meaning 35w but 60w output (allegedly) for $25 a bulb. I don't really go out often at night but if i was to i would do the HID upgrade. Google or youtube some videos and you can see it makes a big difference.

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
The HID will be the brightest and if you need more light than that then you would need an other set of lights. Like the Trail Tech handle bar mounted ones.

·
Registered
893 Posts
If you are doing allot of riding i would get the HID kit in 6000k. I was looking in to this but the ballist will have to show as i really did not find a good place to hide them. I think i am going to go with the ebay hyper white 35W=60W meaning 35w but 60w output (allegedly) for $25 a bulb. I don't really go out often at night but if i was to i would do the HID upgrade. Google or youtube some videos and you can see it makes a big difference.
I have the Tusk bulbs. The bulb looks blue. They are brighter than stock. I also have the Trail Tech lights on the handle bars on my Warrior. You have to be careful on the total wattage of all your bulbs. If you get too much draw on there the charging system can't keep up. I have 20 watt bulbs in each of my Trail Tech housings plus the two stock 35 watt and it seems to work ok. Probably needs a high output stator, but will do for my use.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
this months dirtwheels has au7n article (real small) on the led lights that go on your helmet.
I have Alba 12" l.e.d. light bar on my 700 lights up the woods like daylight. 60 wats total draw. Don't need stock lights. Could wear shades and still see.! 8)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Piaa

If you are not looking to spend a lot of money for the HID kits, you might want to try the "PIAA Xtreme White H6M Bulbs" for around $30 a bulb. Install is easy, just take out your old bulb and put these right in its place. They are much better than your stock bulbs but use the same wattage.

Even cheaper, Tusk makes a slightly less brighter Super White H6M version of the PIAA bulb (but still much brighter than stock) which sells for $10 a bulb. They have a slight blue tint to the light which is kind of cool, especially if you have a Yamaha Blue quad.

Here are some links:

PIAA: [ame]http://www.amazon.com/PIAA-70023-Xtreme-White-Bulb/dp/B000GU1W92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1322529352&sr=8-1[/ame]

TUSK: [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Tusk-Super-KAWASAKI-SUZUKI-YAMAHA/dp/B003O70V0A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1322529421&sr=8-1[/ame]

·
Premium Member
956 Posts

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts