Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, new to the Raptor scene but not to turning wrenches and how things work. Jumping back into the 4 wheel scene from motocross/trailriding. Okay, so I recently bought a 660 raptor with the 686 kit, stage 1 cam. Jet kit nad on.. It has extended rear axles aftermarket shock, front Works shocks with accumalators (??) stock A arms. I just ordered CFM performance lowering kit and adjustable rear. It is suppose to make front +2. I'm not against New A arms but I'm trying to tame this thing from lifting the front so easily so I can rip it thru the woods. I've only taken it out once. Take a look at my garage for complete mod list. Am I on the right track and what do you all advise I do. I'm a heavier rider @ around 230. Also, how do I know that the accumalators are serviced?. In aviation we use nitrogen. It seems okay. I hope this kinda makes sense. Thanks in advance
:smile

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
If you want to tame the wheelie machine you can fit a rear sprocket with less teeth (help slightly) or use an extended swingarm (helps more) Lots of companies make them. In fact, there was a +2 swingarm for a 660 for sale on this forum recently. I think it was oldskool selling it, might look him up and pm

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
7,814 Posts
And if those shocks have never been serviced we usually send out to a member that goes by Jogaca (Kevin). Just google "Jogaca suspension" and you will find his info and TONS of reviews. He has very affordable pricing vs brand name shocks with stellar customer service.

·
Registered
100 Posts
+1 on what Morph said, just went to the dunes this past weekend and he was helping me set up my shocks i recently got from him. Great guy to deal with!

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
10,599 Posts
If your shocks have reservoirs on them they aren't factory shocks. Most likely from a YFZ450. Look for grind marks on the aarms or shock bottom to verify. And yes, charged with nitrogen.

ALWAYS keep the rear track narrower then the front.

WELCOME TO THE FORUM.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I don't get the guys wanting to lower the rears, if your shocks are set up you gonna have about 2" sag and that really helps. See mine with +4.3 swinger arms axle and Kevin's shocks. Rides like a marshmallo. Fyi your shocks get softer when extending rear end so that alone can resolve issues the under 150lb guys have. If you don't have a +2 swinger yet I have a 1year old lsr forsale. It helped great in the woods, where this bike was designed to be played with.

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
10,599 Posts
I don't get the guys wanting to lower the rears, if your shocks are set up you gonna have about 2" sag and that really helps. See mine with +4.3 swinger arms axle and Kevin's shocks. Rides like a marshmallo. Fyi your shocks get softer when extending rear end so that alone can resolve issues the under 150lb guys have. If you don't have a +2 swinger yet I have a 1year old lsr forsale. It helped great in the woods, where this bike was designed to be played with.
I agree. A +2 swing arm will keep the front down better and still be trail/woods friendly. And, Google shock sag and adjust per your weight, it will make a world of difference.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
+2 swing arm. +3 a-arms and whatever axle rmatv is selling now. Use to be g force. I wish I would have went with +3's and not +2's. My next set of shocks will be from fox. Rode a bike set up like mine with those air shocks and it was insane.

IMO this is the perfect suspension for a woods bike in my area.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
381 Posts
Friend of mine has a 700 with +3" A-arms.
He wishes he had +2" instead for trail riding. I agree with him too, and I used to run 250B MX, dirtbike, and I keep a fast a pace through the woods on 4 wheels too.
Have you ridden +3" A-arms? If not, I'de try them before I bought them.

·
Registered
4,834 Posts
He wishes he had +2" instead for trail riding. I agree with him too.
I'd run a 1/4 off set front rims with +3 arms to get back to the same width as the stock 2/3's with +2 arms.

Having less bump steer would an added bonus.

·
Registered
381 Posts
He's considered that, but has carbon fiber wheels on it. Not sure he's ready to give them up yet....but if he does, they're goin on my 660!

·
Registered
1,838 Posts

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
+2 swing arm. +3 a-arms and whatever axle rmatv is selling now. Use to be g force. I wish I would have went with +3's and not +2's. My next set of shocks will be from fox. Rode a bike set up like mine with those air shocks and it was insane.

IMO this is the perfect suspension for a woods bike in my area.

He wishes he had +2" instead for trail riding. I agree with him too, and I used to run 250B MX, dirtbike, and I keep a fast a pace through the woods on 4 wheels too.
Have you ridden +3" A-arms? If not, I'de try them before I bought them.
I smell a trade....

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
700's are wider stock than a 660. +2's on a 700 would be close to +3's on a 660. Right about 50" wide.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I see. I'll add that to the LONG list of things ive learned from this forum!

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
I see. I'll add that to the LONG list of things ive learned from this forum!

Always keep learning my man!

1 - 20 of 113 Posts