Raptor Forum banner

41 - 60 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
I can't see much. I want a side view but the time looks flipped in the pics. It's time to take it appart. We can keep this thread going another 8 pages telling you what to do.

Step 1. You hate the ride do call kevin.

Step 2 you want better handling so that a arms and swing arm.

Step 3 buy the parts then send Kevin your shit so he can set it up right.

Step 4 put it back together and ride it.

Step 5 tell us thanks and focus on getting all the power out of the motor.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Rims are not flipped they are the normal 3" inch a 2" out. Your shocks just suck. Proceed to step 1. Mine rides like a dream...and I'm anal

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Okay, will start getting parts together. A Arms ( not sure of width yet) , Swing arm +2, Start looking for YFZ shocks.

Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
4,064 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Come with new needle bushings. Tap them. Im.not installing cuz Simone will want this a did color then what I can powder coat. You need new seals then it use what's in your swinger. You need a carrier. Everything else is thete.

Very common things when your just buying an arm.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Uses round house carriers. Not that junk adjustment stock stuff. Just buy this when using any aftermarket round house raptor 660r swinger.

https://m.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Raptor-660-round-bearing-carrier-brake-caliper-stay-for-TYSON-SWINGARM/292142337911?hash=item44050a4f77:g:bAQAAOSw3gJZNutO&vxp=mtr

Seal kit of you don't reuse what's in your factory arm or buy at the dealer.

https://m.ebay.com/itm/All-Balls-28-1097-Swing-Arm-Bearing-Seal-Kit-for-Yamaha-YFM660R-Raptor-01-05/172727718043?epid=209996188&hash=item28375fd09b:g:XYEAAOSwwzhZPt4f&vxp=mtr

I reused all my stuff from factory arm in this lsr, then I used it at a n in my hreatv arm.

If you got a socket and hammer not hard to tap in or two out.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
No whatever intended but I cant quite understand the lingo. Also, why does it need to be powdercoated? Anyway putting a plan together that may include your swing arm (oldskool). What was it I would need to buy for $100 to get it going? Cant remember. I too am on a budget,, about to google A arms. might even order. Im thinking + 2 .

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Surely you all are tired of me like oldskool but I really never got the answers Im looking for.... Simple question.. for woods riding... In your opinion what is the best bang for the buck on (width) for A arms if (thinking) + 2 on swinger.. Im seeing Alba and a couple other brands. All around $400 or better. Me no Chinese stuff. I Need real tried and true suggestions on the A arms. No money to waste. Forgive me if neccesary.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Im not ignoring you bud, i just dont have the answer you seek because i ride on stock a arms and swingarm. Sorry i cant help here...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,249 Posts
You need to think about the narrowest trail you will ride and if +2 arms will fit. A +2 swing arm would be a nice compliment to a trail bike. It will keep the front down, but it's not to long to affect steering much but will slow it down a bit. I have a +2.5 on mine and love it.

I have Lone Star X-country a-arms. +1 wider, +1 forward. I don't think this style is available any more, but they make strong a-arms. I would buy again.

Alba has parts at reasonable prices. and if you call ask for the forum discount as well as free shipping.

The 660 uses a "square" rear axle bearing carrier. Aftermarket swing arms require a "round" carrier and need to be purchased separate. As long as the finish on a used swing arm is OK, there is no need to have it PC. Or you can paint it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Im not ignoring you bud, i just dont have the answer you seek because i ride on stock a arms and swingarm. Sorry i cant help here...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
All good, your info has been good my friend. ReRead, your all good. name never mentioned. Im not about throwing rocks at anyone just trying to lean on the experienced.

·
Registered
746 Posts
+2" swingarm and +2 A-arms are great for trails/woods on a 660.
I wouldn't go any wider, but that's just me.
Depends on how wide trails are, but more than 4" wider(overall), and it gets easier and easier to clip a tree.
I ride trails/woods, my 05 660 project has a +2" swingarm, and I plan to add +2" A-arms. I've ridden several combos over the years on other 660 and 700s, and that will work best for me.
I love wheelies and hillclimbs too.
With good suspension, it'll float along.
I have 450 fronts, and stock rear. Will have all 3 revalved for my weight before it's finished.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I'm nearly 48" wide in front with +2 arms. You don't need to be more. The swinger I have is matt black. When I got it was red, I didn't like that and coated it black. Maybe you want it silver. It don't need to be coated but sure looks nice on a new built. Call me if you can't figure out what you need. Like I said it comes with everything but the round carrier, and seals. You can use all the deals out if the stock swingarm. Nothing is different but the rest style to adjust like Honda's

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
I'd like to first thank Oldskool. I purchased his LSR +2 swingarm. He did exactly what he said and the transaction went very well. The coating on the swingarm was very nice but I had it powdercoated being I had a little extra funds. Texting with him I learned of a few other things ( along with reading on this forum, so thankyou to all the people that are on here) so I started ordering parts. This is what I have decided to go with, Swingarm, all new bearing kit, new chain, T12 front, 40 rear. ( I learned I have a T13 front and a 45 rear) , TMZ sprocket guard, banshee chain guard, and a round carrier. I have everything in my possession except for the chain guard.
I plan to do +2 A arms next. Torn between Alba and LSR. I like Alba price:| Will powdercoat to match what ever I go with .
I have a question,, I know there are different opinions,,, I have a rear adjustable link ( nice quality ), I've read about flipping the link, I've also been told that if rear shock is set up correctly with extended swinger it will sit a touch lower in rear... What would you do? I'd like to do this once ( at least not change it up for awhile anyway). Also, I sent the front lowering kit back,, I don't need that around here. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
I'm not familiar with that sprocket guard. Do you have more information on it?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
As I learned from oldsckool its a guard from a trx450r . Fit and drill as required. I can take no credit. Made by MNZ. I can't download pics. Maybe Oldskool83 can chime in.

41 - 60 of 113 Posts