Raptor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best setup for trail riding? About 90% of my riding is trail riding, 10% dunes. I don't do a lot of jumping but I do ride in some rough terrain. I have the Precision steering stabilizer which is helped a lot on the whoops and the bars getting ripped from my hands but I still bottom out the shocks at times.
For handling, I hear that the stock width is fine (no +2 a-arms needed) for trails, is that correct? For shocks, what is your recommendation for trail riding? Is it Elkas, Ohlins, tcs, evols etc...? I would like to have the best; I am less interested in an inexpensive solution.
I weight 200 lbs, any recommendations on how I should setup the shocks?
I am really looking to make this 700 handle as good as possible.

Thanks in advance for your recommendations!

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I was looking for the same set-up you describe minus the dunes. Cost was a factor in my decision as well. I went with TCS shocks on American Star +2 long travel A-arms. I'm very pleased with the shocks. I kind of wish I would have gotten Houser A-arms. No problems with the A.S. but I "think" I would have liked the Housers better. I went with American Star A-arms simply because if you crunch one they will replace it for free.

I live in NC so the mountain trails here tend to be really rough and rocky. The TCS shocks were a HUGE improvement.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.