Raptor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

My name is Brandon and I live in Western MA. I am just jumping into my Raptor over the winter and I want to get it ready for next season and make it more enjoyable. The bike is a 2001 and suspension wise bone stock (actually...the whole bike is pretty stock).

Anyways, I primarily ride wooded trails. I am not into the mx stuff and the Dunes are pretty far away, so for the most part I stick to the fast paced trail stuff...

With my riding style in mind, what would be the best suspension setup? Will I benefit from purchasing longer a-arms or long travel stuff? I really enjoy being able to slide the Rappy all over the place and I dont want to loose that.

One thing I don't like is how easy the front end rips up sometimes on the exit of a corner. Like if I am sliding a burm and on the way out the tire starts to bite, the front end pulls up pretty hard. Would an extended swing arm help or is it me doing something wrong?

I have only built one other quad, and that was my Warriror. It came out nasty, but I feel I may have spent a lot of unnecessary money on it lol. I am trying to avoid doing that twice...

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Wider makes the bike slide more manageable, using long travel shocks with sag built into them will keep the front end down a little better or using a longer swinger will also help................

·
Registered
386 Posts
i dont think you need LT front suspention, i ride alot of woods trails also and i found going ST +2 Aarms made a world of difference and depending on your budget a good shock for your front is a yfz 450 shock around 2004yr it has close to the same dimentions size wise but the tuneability and ride are a huge upgrade.and for the back its always an option to go a longer swinger but with that its harder to drift and its a wider turning ratio,for the back a good idea is do a rear link flip and a 700 rear shock, the 700 rear is about 1.25 inches longer and a much better ride.
your best bet for the front coming up is to keep stock swinger and just get used to your machine and the power delivery and seating postion, just sit or lean forward a littlebit will mack a world of difference to the front end staying on the ground.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts