Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody I need some help here. Trying to see what’s bent on my raptor front right a arm and I know this sounds funny but I can’t tell what the heck is bent with it! I hit small jump, came down wrong and didn’t notice it till I came back from the trip. I want to order new oem parts so I can fix it but confused on what’s tweaked wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
374 Posts
Yes of course I will shortly today! Maybe ball joint to? What are thoughts on that to!

The ball joint is probably fine, and the A-arm's damaged/bent place is throwing off the alignment.
That, or the knuckle and/or tie rod is bent.
A straight edge and measuring tape will help you find where and what bent.

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
10,590 Posts
Put it on blocks and pull your rear tires. Assuming your rear axle is straight, measure from each ball joint to the axle tip. Both sides should be the same for lowers, then for uppers. I would suspect they are fine, and you have a bent tie rod or a end.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Put it on blocks and pull your rear tires. Assuming your rear axle is straight, measure from each ball joint to the axle tip. Both sides should be the same for lowers, then for uppers. I would suspect they are fine, and you have a bent tie rod or a end.
I will put in on blocks tomorrow! The tie rods look good a straight. Tried rocking the tire left to right no movement.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The ball joint is probably fine, and the A-arm's damaged/bent place is throwing off the alignment.
That, or the knuckle and/or tie rod is bent.
A straight edge and measuring tape will help you find where and what bent.
Forgot to mention that the wheel has some small drag against the front break only for that tire that’s bent I’m assuming this means knuckle is tweaked ?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Any ideas ? This is proving to be a pain. The bolts for upper and lower arms look perfect. The tie rod looks straight the ends look good. The upper and lower arms look perfect. Any ideas ? Maybe I’m missing something

·
Registered
412 Posts
Could you lay both upper a arms flat on the ground and snap a picture? The first set of pictures it looked like one had a bow in it but is difficult to tell. Hard to diagnose over the internet.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Have you held a straight edge/ruler against each side for comparison.
Is the tie rod end bent? It's hard to tell from the picture, but the flat bottom of the joint doesn't look in line with the tie rod.
Is the wheel bent?
You can swap front wheels and spin them to check.

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
10,590 Posts
Stand the a-arms on a flat surface, back to back, and the ball joints should line up exactly.

Take the tie rods laid along side each other. They should be very close to the same length. Roll the tie rods on a flat surface and watch for wobble. Why is the nut backed off on the tie rod end in the picture?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Stand the a-arms on a flat surface, back to back, and the ball joints should line up exactly.

Take the tie rods laid along side each other. They should be very close to the same length. Roll the tie rods on a flat surface and watch for wobble. Why is the nut backed off on the tie rod end in the picture?
I will try this see what I find, I just backed the nut off to just clean the threads.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Have you held a straight edge/ruler against each side for comparison.
Is the tie rod end bent? It's hard to tell from the picture, but the flat bottom of the joint doesn't look in line with the tie rod.
Is the wheel bent?
You can swap front wheels and spin them to check.
Wheels good, straight edge everything looked straight. Going to look deeper into these tie rods

·
Registered
374 Posts
Are you sure it's the right side(thumb throttle side) that's bent?
Not the other side?
Are the steering stops at the bottom of the steering stem even?
Could it be that the left tie rod is what's bent, and with the left front wheel straight, the right front has not quite returned to center?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Are you sure it's the right side(thumb throttle side) that's bent?
Not the other side?
Are the steering stops at the bottom of the steering stem even?
Could it be that the left tie rod is what's bent, and with the left front wheel straight, the right front has not quite returned to center?
Put it back together and no it looks good to me it’s definitely the throttle slide. Top of the wheel is pushed towards the shock and the lower is pushed out.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts