Raptor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a 09 raptor 700 and I really want better suspension then what comes stock. But I dont know what I should go with. The problem that I am having is while I am hauling ass across the fields every bump i hit I feel in my back. I want something so it feels like Im gliding across the terain. Any help would be awesome.

·
Registered
153 Posts
It all depends on what your budget is. You can have your stock shocks rebuilt, which i hear is a great upgrade for the money or you can throw down some cash and get aftermarket like fox, motowoz, elka, etc...

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
Hello, I have a 09 raptor 700 and I really want better suspension then what comes stock. But I dont know what I should go with. The problem that I am having is while I am hauling ass across the fields every bump i hit I feel in my back. I want something so it feels like Im gliding across the terain. Any help would be awesome.
Have the shocks set up for your weight and riding style, or send them to wiigstyle before his february sale expires and have them revalved and sprung for your weight and riding style he can make them as good as any standard travel aftermarket shock out there for like 575$. Your stock shocks are better than you think they have rebound, preload, high and low speed compression adjustments you just need to get them set up properly and or rebuilt and you will enjoy them alot more;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, Ill try to adjust the stock better to suit my style. If I still dont like the way it feels Ill try and find some aftermarket that will meet my needs.

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
Have the shocks set up for your weight and riding style, or send them to wiigstyle before his february sale expires and have them revalved and sprung for your weight and riding style he can make them as good as any standard travel aftermarket shock out there for like 575$. Your stock shocks are better than you think they have rebound, preload, high and low speed compression adjustments you just need to get them set up properly and or rebuilt and you will enjoy them alot more;)
I agree. I had Wiigstyle rebuild mine. Night and day difference from what they were stock. I was able to fly through the whoops and it soaked up the small stuff nicely after the rebuild. Felt like I was on a cushion of air. Very smooth, yet responsive.

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
I agree. I had Wiigstyle rebuild mine. Night and day difference from what they were stock. I was able to fly through the whoops and it soaked up the small stuff nicely after the rebuild. Felt like I was on a cushion of air. Very smooth, yet responsive.
Listen to wobble he knows what he's talking about, i have the same shocks you do 09 se shocks the difference is mine are set up for my weight and riding style im 260 lbs and can take whoops fourth gear pinned and fifth depending on depth. I do plan on josh doing mine

1 - 6 of 6 Posts