Raptor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to upgrade my suspension don't wanna spend a mint. Read an article about where Trx 450 front shocks were used with long travel a arms. Has anyone swapped suspension from another bike yzf,trx,400ex,ltz? Rear is really confusing me! So far I have LS LT a arms w/400ex shocks...but IDK? Seems to work. Please comment any ideas would be appreciated :eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
252 Posts
Every set of a-arms I have looked at were still $500 minimum. I am debating on swapping a-arms and suspension from another quad, but don't know which to use. I was thinking maybe from a TRX300EX or TRX400EX.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I read the article on those Raptors and TRX shocks came up pretty cheap on Ebay. Maybe you could use the Diamond J widening kit with those shocks if you're into it. It should be cheaper then a set of arms. I just don't like the look and design of that kit too much.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I already have Lonestar 3+1 extended travel a arms I got off fleabay for 200, and 400ex shocks I got free from a friend. My problem is the back. I have a trx 450 shock, but I would have to modify the airbox and lower mount to fit. I'm not worried about some shocks being too stiff...Hd a arms/tie rods/ball joints will add weight and I weigh 170. Can you guys open my attachment and see the pics?

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I already have Lonestar 3+1 extended travel a arms I got off fleabay for 200, and 400ex shocks I got free from a friend. My problem is the back. I have a trx 450 shock, but I would have to modify the airbox and lower mount to fit. I'm not worried about some shocks being too stiff...Hd a arms/tie rods/ball joints will add weight and I weigh 170. Can you guys open my attachment and see the pics?
My bad, I must not have read your first post fully. So what you're asking is if we know of a rear shock that will bolt up without modification?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes sir! Someone must have tried something? Not everyone has the $$$ for a new Fox,Elka or Works shock! Stock measures 15.38 eye to eye w/o linkage. Most others w/o linkage like 300ex, blaster, or banchee are a shorter shock. Since the front is raised so far, How much longer of a shock does anyone think I can get away with? 16"? 16 1/2"?

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I'm not too sure on suspension since mine is stock suspension wise. I would think YFZ shocks or something would have to be pretty close. Or would you be able to do something similar to a flipped link to accomodate a shorter shock?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ASR brake lines and tie rods on the way! Also LSR Excalibur rear axle! :D Still wanting suspension tips...keeping this thread fresh :p

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
I wrote an article on a build we done ,we talked alot about suspension. Theres alot behind your whole ergonimics when throwing a set of shocks on a quad .

The Fox shocks with Teixeira AArms will be like a KTM LT front end.
NO JOKE.. might even be a tad longer ! :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts