Raptor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i only bottom out once on the mx track about 6 laps Im sure my suspension could be a tad tad bit softer for the jumps but im going to a mostly trail event this weekend what can i adjust to make trail rideing better harder softer? which way should i turn the back shock flat head adjustment and how far? What type of tool to use for adjusting the front and back shock? I only have tool for adjusting the flathead adjustment and will get the other type tool soon but what can i do in mean time to make a better ride?

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
The lower screw on the shock is compression, back it out and count the clicks so you know where you were to start. Might want to write it down since your happy with it. The upper screw is on the ressie. This is rebound, it controls how fast the shock extends. You might turn it in a few clicks to prevent the feeling that it's slapping you in the butt. A small flat blade screwdriver is needed.

Another good idea is to back both screws out all the way, counting the clicks as you go. Make notes of this and the riding conditions that the setup works for. You should also run the screws in all the way, counting the clicks again. This way you know how much total adjustment you have.
I think it's 18 or 23 clicks for the rear, not certain.
Also don't ride with the adjustment in or out all the way, it may damage the shock valveing. 2 or 3 clicks from full travel of the adjuster is safe.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts