Raptor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my suspension squeaks pretty bad, i am just wondering if it is the shocks? or is it the bushings or what? i've tried spraying my shocks but it didn't work. what do u guys suggest?

·
Registered
77 Posts
mine does the same thing... its apart right now(replacing bushings, shocks)... i would guess its the shocks but what do i know... (im the noob)

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
My squeak was the upper eye on the rear shock. Kind of a pain to get out just for lube, but if you grease it up with good grease, it will stay quiet for a while.

·
Registered
441 Posts
russ said:
My squeak was the upper eye on the rear shock. Kind of a pain to get out just for lube, but if you grease it up with good grease, it will stay quiet for a while.
Ya, mine does the same thing. Im too lazy to pull it out and grease it, so I just keep spraying wd-40 on it :lol:

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
bgmac said:
russ said:
Ya, mine does the same thing. Im too lazy to pull it out and grease it, so I just keep spraying wd-40 on it :lol:
Yea, I couldn't even get through one ride before it would start squeaking again with WD or any other spray.

·
Registered
285 Posts
russ said:
Mines coming from the same area. Guess I'll tear it down. Is there a grease cert on it? Yes, I'm that lazy that I posted this on here, instead of walking to the garage. (just so others can know!!)

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Get a hand full of grease zerks from the hardware. a drill and tap made for there size. put zerks where needed. that way you only need to take them apart once,...after that its easy to lube. The inner sides of the swing arm (by the motor, since there is a small void on each side) are especially beneficial. Just make sure you have good clearnce when it moves.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts