Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been mentioned that I should put this story in it's own thread...

Well after trashing my ITP wheels 2 weeks ago I came home and ordered Hiper wheels from Tom at Sweetquads. After not getting them for over a week I decided to call and get tracking info... then the fun began.

It took 2 days of calling, leaving VM, and email, then calling again this morning. Finally got him on the phone. He gave me this big story about having ordering problems with Hiper and it would be a month or so before it got sorted out. He also offered to sell me anything I wanted at cost just to make up for it. I thought that was nice until I spoke to Hiper.

Turns out he gave me a refund. No notice, no word, no returned phone calls, nothing! Most importantly NO WHEELS to ride on this weekend! :wtf:

I spoke with Hiper today (wow nice people!) and they didn't even have an order for me. They did recall Sweetquads inquiry about the wheels I want though. (last week) After I explained Tom's excuse about ordering issues, Hiper assured me that it was news to them! :bs:

Here's what I found out:
Basically he gave me a lowball price... which by the way is on his web site because that's how I ordered. He discounts 10% for forum members too. So I bought and paid for all 4 wheels. Well as it turns out his price is WRONG and over a $100 less than he would have to pay for them. (I want 9x9, 3+6 offset which are - BAM - $100 more) So instead of telling me, or just being a man and sucking it up, he blows me off for a week!

Sadly, I won't be back to take advantage of his "at cost" offers in the future.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Sweetquads, may have got to big for their own britches...I constantly see their adds in Ebay and find it hard that they can keep up with the flow of orders, when they go as big as they have w/Ebay.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Didn't know he sold on Ebay too. Well I'll have to avaiod those too. I feel bad for the poor souls who buy from him... will they aver get what they paid for? I don't think he stocks anything, so it probably takes forever for people to get stuff.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
That sucks, get a refund and buy them from Ken at KB. I did and I am very happy.

·
Registered
815 Posts
We all need to shoot "DRACUs" and "Maddog" a PM... and let them know about Sweetquads shitty service.... I do not feel like they should be sponsors of our website.... it really pisses me off when companies false advertise....
My opinion - NO ONE BUY FROM THEM - and DRACUS dont allow them to renew their sponsor subscription ! !

Plattner

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
HEy Steven, I want one of them banners on a sticker to go with my coozie's.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
plattner said:
We all need to shoot "DRACUs" and "Maddog" a PM... and let them know about Sweetquads shitty service.... I do not feel like they should be sponsors of our website.... it really pisses me off when companies false advertise....
My opinion - NO ONE BUY FROM THEM - and DRACUS dont allow them to renew their sponsor subscription ! !

Plattner
I've bought from Tom twice now I believe, including ordering a less-than-common twist throttle kit for a yfz and I got it all with a very quick turn around and a good deal.

I sympathize with those recieving poor service and I'll do what I can to support you I just can't personally bad mouth the company in my own experiences. However before publically criticizing him I'd like to hear his point of view. I'm not looking for an excuse, there's really not one that would matter or make the situation better, but having all the information would be the fair thing to do.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Mad Dog Beyond Thunderdome said:
plattner said:

Plattner
I've bought from Tom twice now I believe, including ordering a less-than-common twist throttle kit for a yfz and I got it all with a very quick turn around and a good deal.

I sympathize with those recieving poor service and I'll do what I can to support you I just can't personally bad mouth the company in my own experiences. However before publically criticizing him I'd like to hear his point of view. I'm not looking for an excuse, there's really not one that would matter or make the situation better, but having all the information would be the fair thing to do.
Well than can someone pm him to get him to post up what happened on his side...thats assuming that he can post on here like all the other sponsor 's :3question:

Michael

G

·
I bought from Tom and got a good deal, sorry to hear about that. People have to wake up and realize that customer service will make or break you.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The thing that really gets me is the lack of communication. He knows I wanted the wheels fast, and I would have even paid for expedited service. But no, there was no indication I was given a refund or that he had decided not to place the order for them in the first place.

Yes, customer service is what this is all about. It sucks! (in my case anyway) If he had called me back Tuesday of last week and explained it to me I might have even just dealt with the cost difference and paid for 3 day shipping.

I talked to Ken at KB yesterday after I found out this whole story. Today I will be getting my Hipers from him.

About the sponsor thing... I was under the impression that a sponsor on this site was a little more 'solid' than just some random Google search for a Hiper wheel supplier.

I have had my own business for 26 years. People don't like to be left in the dark - simply put. I will say that I have made my share of mistakes including quoting the wrong price for stuff. However, MY WORD IS MY WORD. Period! If I give a price for something and it costs me $150 more to buy it than the customer paid...guess what? The customer just got one hell of a deal! :thumbsup: Plus I'll still use 3 day or less shipping!! It's WAY WAY WAY better to save face in the long run.

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
Good Points Curly, I'm sure you have a very sucessful business with that attitude. :thumbsup:

I ordered LTE's from Sweetquads early this year and they took 43 days to get to me. It wasn't their fault, LTE took forever to get them ceramic coated, I was on the phone with LTE regularly. Tom sold me 5 DVD's for a killer price to kinda make up for it. I just ordered a reverse lever and it came in 2 days. I hate to hear these stories about Tom, he is a small company that may have grown too fast???

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
This is nothing new regarding sweet quads, I have seen this very thing with him on this site before a while back, then he comes on apologise's and goes good for a while then you start seeing the SOS again, the same complaints of lack of comunication and poor customer service. Out of respect for forum members, particularly those who have paid to be VIP member the powers that be should have certain standards for forum sponsors to maintain or at the least a feedback system simular to ebay's so that poor unsuspecting peeps who figure if he's a forum sponsor he must be great, have something to base their buying decision on and not go in blind as they will when this thread goes off the front page.
I think that some minimum customer service standard for site sponsors is owed to the membership that supports this forum, the way I see it if a sponsor gets to much legitimate negative feedback then they should have their add jerked and forum privledges suspended.

·
Registered
648 Posts
:stupid:

I second that...

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Very cool idea Randy.. Would be neat (at least in the VIP) to set up a Sponsor Feedback, or Seller feedback thing where we can post up stuff like this so everyone can get the feel for how things are going.. Would be neat to include all companies like RMATV and stuff like that too

·
Registered
13,279 Posts
I think Randy is on the right track, something should be done. In business you have to be 100% all the time....thats just life in the fast lane.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
socalrappy700 said:
..In business you have to be 100% all the time....
If that was the case all businesses would be out of business.

In the world of business shit happens and people get upset. Tom certainly needs to be easier to get a hold of, but I don’t think he is out to hurt anyone. His communication with customers or lack there of seems to be the major source of frustration from the posts I have seen. I think he should focus on correcting that issue then he would have better success with keeping customers happy.

I think Randy is correct, but I don't think this sponsor needs to be chastised for the few bad posts I have seen. I think Tom is a good guy that needs to evaluate how he is handling customers, but I don't think he should be kicked of the forum for a few bad transactions. There has been many satisfied people and I have not once heard of him blatantly ripping people off or not trying to make things right. I think it would be good for Dracus to send him a message that there is a certain level of customer service that is expected of all sponsors and that there needs to be a better channel for communication.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
270 Posts
When you buy a product from one of the vendors on this site you should be able to leave feedback. Just like ebay. If your a good business person you do not want neagative feedback. It hurts your business. Would you buy from someome on ebay that had a 75% feedback or would you rather buy from someone that had a 98.9% feedback rating?

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Sweetquads e-bay feedback.... 100% last I checked.

Dude qouted a price that was gonna lose him $$$ so he refunded $$, still 100% in my book, yeah it sucks you didn't get your wheels, you did get your $$ back, and Tom did offer a 10% discount. LTE has the worst service ever, period. I'm not gonna tell anyone not to buy em' though, I wish I had the Barkers but I love my Looneys. You have to keep in mind that Tom is a sole proprietor, Randy and Kristen Looney also heve a very small business compared to a dealership. IMO you are ordering specialty parts... be patient. As for the Hyper's it totally sucks, Even if you had paid what it would take for Tom to get the wheels, add 10% discount, he loses his ass either way - I do agree that he should have communicated better. FYI usually you pay for top notch service, 3 day service IS top notch but it wiil cost you....jmo :)

1 - 20 of 81 Posts