Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone spoke with Tom lately? I made a order from him two-three weeks ago and both of the estimated delivery dates he gave me have come and gone.  I have not been able to get a status update, tracking number or even a returned phone call for the voice or emails mails I have left in the last two weeks. Not to mention they never answer the phone.

If they would have had the courtesy to call I could have ordered from someone else and still made king of the sand in NV. The $50 cost savings is not this type of service!

:mad:

Looks like another trip will be taken without my exhaust, I hope I still have the old one to put back on to avoid canceling again!

·
Registered
202 Posts
i had the same porblem with my asv levers...i was charged and didnt recieve the item for like 4 weeks...so i called and left a message that I filing a report to my credit car company then they called back real quick :lol: the levers were there at the end of the week after i left that message... it also seemed like they were avoiding my phone calls.i dno what is up with that company

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The company number is sprint/Nextel and as anyone that has them knows when you hit the call cancel button it send you directly to voice mail.

Well the interesting part is when I call from the number I left the VM with I am now sent to voice mail. The other the blocked internal number rings all the way through to VM.

Just a heads up, for anyone ordering from them or that refers anyone to them the type of service that you will receive if they are not able to complete the order and promised. You will most likely be ignored.

Mind you, I was going to order from another company however I was assured during my order that even though the product was going to be drop ship availability was confirmed. The second call I was informed that there was some confusion and the distributing company was confused or there was a miss communication and my order would only be delayed by 3-5 days at the most. (the last time they accepted my call) By the way, I was very understanding and not upset until I could not get a update for 3-5 more days.

BTW, I was also informed by the distributing company that they received my CC of the email and updated Tom, however I have yet to hear back from him. The limited update information I have is from another company that does not even have the responsibility to update a third party customer. Fortunately for me they appear to value they company name and product reputation.

Now that I do not have the time to purchase a set from a reliable customer oriented company I will just put my stock exhaust back on and Waite. But I will NEVER recommend or purchase through SQ again!

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BTW,

GIANT plug for Rocket Factory,....They offered to BRING a set out to Sand Mountain with them if I did not want to wait.

How is that for customer service?

To bad I did not make it up!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I tried to buy my exhaust and some other parts as well from sweetquads with no luck. They have the "we'll beat any price by $10" sign on their website, but they wouldn't return my PM, e-mails or calls so I took my business elsewhere.

I ended up buying my exhaust from Kenneth at KB Motorsports (site sponsor) & he beat the cheapest deal that I could find. Definately recommend checking with him :thumbsup:

·
Registered
202 Posts
i also thought they were avaoiding my calls so i called off a private number and they didnt pick up... so then i figured they didnt pick up private phone calls so i had my grandma call 8) and she had no luck either....i think the number they tell you to call is some guys cell phone...very unproffesional

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would not say using a Cell phone is unprofessional at all. It is just how you build a customer base. By not returning VM, especially to customers that have not received their products once they are paid for is VERY bad business.

I completely understand that when situations are beyond your control and the product is not available form the supplier for WHATEVER reason you should always update your customer know matter how awkward and the reaction you fear from your customer/client.

We all know $hit happens, it is how you react to it is what people remember and one of many ways you can gain respect!

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
To hell with waiting any longer, call your CC company and let them know whats up and have them charge it back to SQ. Then order them from another vendor, that's what I would do if I was being ignored after two missed ship dates :mad:

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I completely agree, and if LTE was not held up on production I would in a heart beat!

I have called around to see is and who (if anybody) has the LTE's in stock. They are down right now due to machine failure and are awaiting new parts.

The 3 shops my GF called did not have any in stock (most drop ship from LTE instead of stock) Besides I am to leave Friday @ 6am.

I may stop by Rocket Factory and see if they still have any on my way up.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I tried to buy an exhaust from him a few months ago, and had a similar experience. He was quick to take my money & drop off the face of the earth. Fortunatley, my CC company was able to straighten it out.
I certianly won't ever buy from him again, and I would encourage others to do the same.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Hmmm, I got a really good quote from Tom on the HMF, but asked a couple more ?'s and got nothing more for several days now. Too bad really.

·
Registered
6,514 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
:thumbsup:

I was going to go thorough Greg, but Tom beat his price so I went for it. I should not have changed.

My bad!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Wow, i dont know what happend with your orders. We usually try to respond withing 24 hours of any e-mail or phone message. If i knew who you were i could maybe try to trace down what happend and why our service failed. Just to let you kow, we know we arent perfect. And sometimes the delivery dates we give you dont work out. It is never our fault we just give the dates that are given to us by the distributer or manufacturer. It is the hazzards of drop shipping. Letting someone else do your shipping. But 90% of the time it is good for you the consumer because if i have to have the item shipped to me to stock it, guess who pays that shipping in the long run. YOU.
That being said there is no excuse for not letting a customer know if their stuff is going to be late. And for that i am sorry. I am assuming that it might have been HMF. They went from being on about a 3-7 day delay in shipping to 4 weeks without telling us.
Any of you who feel you did not get the service you felt you deserved from us would be taken care of on any future orders. In the past we have made mistakes and are always willing to make up for them, and in some cases will even lose money to make up for the issues. But we need to know about the issue of course.
Some of you might be unwilling to shop with us again and thats fine, i understand so let me just say again that we are sorry that it didnt work out.
Tom

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Tom,

Thank you for stepping up and addressing this post and the concerns, your apology is well noted . My problem was that after 3 messages & 2 emails there was still no reply. About 6-8 more calls during operating hours with no answer really concerned me.

I contacted the mfg. directly as a last resort and was informed that a status was given to you prior to my communication with them, however I never received any form of communication from Sweetquads.

I wish you luck in reminding the quirks and growing pains or running a small business.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.