Raptor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so here is the problem i have bearings that i want to change in my swingarm but cant even get the bolt out because the head of the bolt is turned in the frame which means that the bolt has jammed itself inside the frame if you guys know what i mean... if not i can post pics later..i was thinking of maybe using an easy out becuase the bolt is hollow and maybe by luck i could try and turn it back so that i can pop the bolt out...any suggestion the swingarm is getting pretty whobbly lol...the previous owner must of did this and over tightened it or something ...please help tho..

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
The head of the bolt is installed in the frame to keep it from turning. I had to use a large punch and a hammer to get mine out. I also started using PB Blast on it a few days before I started working on it.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
so here is the problem i have bearings that i want to change in my swingarm but cant even get the bolt out because the head of the bolt is turned in the frame which means that the bolt has jammed itself inside the frame if you guys know what i mean... if not i can post pics later..i was thinking of maybe using an easy out becuase the bolt is hollow and maybe by luck i could try and turn it back so that i can pop the bolt out...any suggestion the swingarm is getting pretty whobbly lol...the previous owner must of did this and over tightened it or something ...please help tho..
Your bolt is seized in one or both ends in the frame, most likely you are going to damage the bolt to get it out, use a big hammer and punch to drive it out, or another thing you can try is cut into the bolt's hollow part with a torch but just enough to cut the hole a little bigger, this will shrink the bolt a bit and may unseize it.............

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya i understand that the head of the bolt is installed in the frame to keep it from turning but the last guy that had it mannaged to turned it in the frame so it has jamed itself and has gouged its self into the frame and i have smashed in it with a sledge and it never budged but ill try what yous have all suggested..thanks alot

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.