Raptor Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey I want to put a longer swing arm on my quad to keep it on the ground and also that will look good with 22 inch tires.

wich one looks better and is best for all purpose riding? and do you need longer breaklines?

Plz send me link and tell me size of tires and lenght of swing arm I want to see the difference between 4 and 6

thank you

·
Modding Maniac
3,052 Posts
hey I want to put a longer swing arm on my quad to keep it on the ground and also that will look good with 22 inch tires.

wich one looks better and is best for all purpose riding? and do you need longer breaklines?

Plz send me link and tell me size of tires and lenght of swing arm I want to see the difference between 4 and 6

thank you
If your going to be sticking with all purpose you might want to consider either a +2 or a +4....I think a +6 might be a little long for a general ride. Just my .02

·
Modding Maniac
3,052 Posts
ok thx so if I put a +4 or +2 do I need to change break lines?
I do not think so on a +2 but on a +4 I would imagine. I would just to make it look nicer. Not to mention steel braided brake lines offer better braking anyway.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
You are fine with a +2, but need brake lines for a +4. With the mods in your sig you would be good with a +2. Looks are great but remember a longer swing arm is going to effect your handling. With a +4 you are also going to have to revalve your rear shock

·
Modding Maniac
3,052 Posts
Either purchase a new shock or send it off to Wiigstyle to have them replace the internals and valved for that length of the swinger with your weight. There is a list of things that goes into properly valving a shock for a rider.

·
Modding Maniac
3,052 Posts
With the stock set-up it would be but not sure it would be perfect if you add that +2 or +4 swinger on there.

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
With a +4, the stock brake line is about an inch too short. Don't go and order a "+2" brake line though, I did that and it showed up being 11" longer than the stock one. Call whoever you order it from and order a 21" brake line, that is perfect for a +4 swinger.

·
If it's too loud your too old
6,925 Posts
Here's mine with a +4 SLC Quad Customs Ladder Swing arm and 22" tires I ride mostly trails and this combo works great! You will need a brake line for +4 and 114 link chain. @ 160# your stock shock should be fine till you deciede to get aftermarket, you'll need to adjust preload and dampening a little

Attachments

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here's mine with a +4 SLC Quad Customs Ladder Swing arm and 22" tires I ride mostly trails and this combo works great! You will need a brake line for +4 and 114 link chain. @ 160# your stock shock should be fine till you deciede to get aftermarket, you'll need to adjust preload and dampening a little

wow dude, you got like the nicest raptor I've ever seen

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
wow dude, you got like the nicest raptor I've ever seen
Looks better in person. Yes,he does ride it. In the woods we've had a blast chasing each other over the whoops and around trees in Florida. He's currently building my new engine.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts