Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok first of all im only 15 so i cant get a job, and off course i have a problem ------- Cash.

i was wondering if anyone knows where i can get a swing arm extension and if there any good. im low on cash so i dont want to buy a hole new swingarm.. i heard of a jtm extension but i cant find where to buy one.

another problem of the low cash situation is exhaust. as u all know a muffler for my raptor alone is 200. at the minimum. know i am in auto tech and i was just thinking of buying a glasspack muffler for like 20. bucks and welding some brackets on it. does anyone think this is a good idea and do u think it would go past the noice violaction restiction.

05 raptor 660r

·
Super Moderator
17,063 Posts
I've seen the cherrybomb/glasspacks on a raptor, it's ridiculous looking, loud, and offers very little in performance. You're better off to take the oem canister apart and make it breathe better.

JTM extensions are around 250 bucks if memory serves. The only place I remember seeing them for sale is in the back of dirtwheels or other atv magazines. I'll search through my old issues and see if I can find an ad for one.

You may want to look into extending your stock swingarm. Look here: http://www.raptorforum.com/index.php?topic=6358.0

·
Registered
130 Posts
a good mod for the cheap on your pipe is to cut it in half were the "wall" is at. It will free up your exhaust tons, and it makes it loud, but not all that much performance gain...more then stock, but not as much if you bough a slip on. Also it's not as light as one. If you haven't already try to remove your spark arrestor, it'll free up some power.

·
Super Moderator
17,063 Posts
There are dynos showing some suprising gains with the spark arrestor removed from the stock exhaust, similar to if not better on top end than aftermarket slip ons.

·
Registered
176 Posts
When I took my spark arrestor out of the stock pipe-it made a noticeable difference..especially when I re jetted.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.