Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
may not need the brake line, the large loop at the mastercylinder end might be enough.
A common addon to aftermarket swingarms is to add the banshee chain guide. There $12 or so and hang in front of the rear sprocket.

EDIT
Might pull the rear shock and check the line thru the travel of the swingarm, can also check the chain for tension at the bottom of travel

·
Super Moderator
17,062 Posts
Don't need the brake line, I didn't. New chain is needed though.

Did you get the skidplate mounts re-tapped so you can use one?

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What length of chain will I need? I was hoping for a simple breakdown but at rocky mountain you have to specify the actuall length.

Do you think the Renthal 520 O-Ring chain would be a good buy?

·
Super Moderator
17,062 Posts
I honestly couldn't say how long any of my chains are. Whenever I buy a chain I usually get 110 or 120 links (depending on what swingarm I'm using) and cut them to size. This is because #1 no comprehensive and reliable list exists detailing the length of 520 chain needed for all swingarm lengths for a raptor, and #2 because the use of different sprockets would render such a list useless.

I should be able to give you a ballpark within a few links but I can't recall and I have no idea which chain on my wall fits what until I try them out.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
i got a +4 on mine and bought a 120 ling chain and cut it to length, the stock brake line is fine and never changed it. but the stock shock sucks now, i added all the preload on the spring i could and when i sit on it the swingarm is almost flat( i weight 250) so invest in getting the rear shock revalved.
mike

·
Super Moderator
17,062 Posts
I ran the stocker on a +2 for a year or so and it held up pretty well. I just had to tweak the settings to compensate for the increased leverage. I wasn't jumping though, just a lot of big whoops uphill.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts