Raptor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im currently running a full HMF Ballance exhaust and Dobeck fuel controller. Purchased these just after i bought my 07 Raptor fresh out of the box 5 years ago. Seems like the aftermarket products have gotten better since then. Im going with Barkers or DMC duals and was wandering if the Dobeck controller would be good enough or should I go ahead and get a Power Commander 3 or 5? In the future i plan on going with a new cam and piston, possibly the FCI intake. Thanks for any help

·
Registered
361 Posts
The pc would be a better choice. I'm not sure if the manual types can add enough to compensate for the engine work. But it will be ok for the big three. The pcs will prob out perform and be easier to get spot on. Especially if a dyne is near by.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Barker duals, FCI, PC5, HD5050, 11.5:1 tech piston, +3 TB. :D
Something along this line is what im going for..gonna do some major work this winter. Also Im from Kentucky. I do mostly trail riding. Lots of mud, is the FCI with box safe to go with?

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Yeah so far its been good to me, it comes with an outwear to which helps out, the box has been good and aslong as you ride with a seat on you shouldnt get any mud in there i mean the seat is kinda like a lid.

Last weekend i went riding up north and got stuck in a mud hole and the tires were spinning for about 30 seconds flipping mud all over once i got out i checked it out and it was still clean.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sounds good guys. I was leaning towards the PC. Whats the difference if any between the 3 and 5?

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
PC5 is smaller so it will fit better and you can load 2 maps on it at once an the PC3 is bigger with 1 map loaded at a time. If i had the money i would switch to the PC5.

The PC5 says 09+ models but you can run it on any year. The company just never tested them on earlier models, theres tons of people on here who have ran the PC5 on there 06-08 models for years.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts