Raptor Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Yes I am a newbie to the site but not to the bikes. But I do have a question... I was thinking about going right into a full synthetic after break-in, motorcycle grade syn of course. I did read the faq's on this but was wondering if anyone has experienced any problems with that? I have no problems doing it on engines I have built for my hot-rod collection. Just a thought... :3question:

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Most syn. oils should be wet clutch safe, just make sure of that and then it's a matter of opinion....

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
i switched on the first oil change, but i did let the oil go for about 25 hours of hard brake in before i did it to make sure the rings were good and seated. no problems

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Me and a couple friends have identical bikes other than mine is 2-3 months newer. They went to synthetic oil before our dune trip, I went for fresh Yamalube.

Guess who's bike beat the other two up the hill? I don't think it was the oil, but it was funny.

I'll probably switch to Mobil 1 at my next oil change. It's only a couple dollars a qt more than Yamalube and it's readily available at the parts chains. Can't hardly go wrong.

Shawn

·
Registered
429 Posts
I use synthetic Motul, only because it's readily availiable. I also use the maxima when I buy a surplus for my aprilia.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I normally use Golden Spectro in my street bikes. (haven't had the Raptor long enough to need an oil change)
One time I picked up some Mobil 1 M/C oil because it was more convenient, but it made the bike shift like shit.
I'm not putting Mobil 1 in any of my bikes again.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I use Bel-Ray Thumper Semi-Synthetic 20-50 ... shifts great....anyone here went to the larger oil tank? having an extra qt. of oil should help out in the long rum...I know it'll help keep the engine cooler

·
Registered
38 Posts
run....just like me to be thinking "rum"

·
Registered
149 Posts
Amsoil in everything motorized I own!

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Just had my Amsoil 0w-40 delivered! Looking forward to see if it performs any different than stock? This is my first oil change. :thumbsup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.