Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so i wrecked my quad just enough to where i needed to get a new set of lights. instead of going stock i got a set of TT HID's. My question is whether or not i can just hard wire them into the wires of the old lights. i took off what was left of the old lights, and there is a plug that has three prongs(i guess it would be +,-, and ground). the lights just have a red(+) and black(-) wire. can i cut, strip, and sauder the wires together????

·
Registered
205 Posts
yes i took the old head lights and cut the wires and hard wired it in that way you dont have to cut the plug off the bike just the light the three wires are high and low beams and ground

·
Registered
511 Posts
or go to radio chack and buy a connector and make it look right.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
supertuga said:
and there is a plug that has three prongs(i guess it would be +,-, and ground). the lights just have a red(+) and black(-) wire. can i cut, strip, and sauder the wires together????
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

- = ground.

The other two are the high and low beam. Pick one for the TT lights.

Shawn

·
Registered
305 Posts
Shawnz said:
supertuga said:
and there is a plug that has three prongs(i guess it would be +,-, and ground). the lights just have a red(+) and black(-) wire. can i cut, strip, and sauder the wires together????
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

- = ground.

The other two are the high and low beam. Pick one for the TT lights.

Shawn
Agreed with above. You dont have 2 grounds. You have 1 ground and 2 powers (12v). One has 12v when the low beams are on and one has 12v when the high beams are on. The lights you picked up only have a low beam (or high beam how ever you want to look at it) So you can wire which ever 12v lead to the lights, and the ground to the ground. And depending on which of the 12v wires you hook up the lights will either work when light switch is on low or high. One or the other. You pick.
Also make sure you but both lights on the same 12v wire. You wouldnt want one on with lows and that one go off and the other go on with highs switched on.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Depends on how you want to do it. Tecnicly, you have a Low HID and a Hi HID. One is a spot, and one is a wide angle HID. You could:

Wire them both together.
Have only the Wide angle on for low and only the spot for HI.
Have only the wide for low, And both for HI.

I kept my stockers for low, And orded mine with both spots, and wired those to the HI wire.

Green should be Low and Yellow should be Hi.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
scott011422 said:
I kept my stockers for low, And orded mine with both spots, and wired those to the HI wire.

Green should be Low and Yellow should be Hi.
How focused are the spots? Do you just get two stripes out the front? Is two enough?

I'm thinking about a pair in the center of my GYTR bumper and maybe another pair on the outriggers. On the frame below the stockers won't work with the GYTR bumper.

All I know is duning at night with stock lights is pretty spooky.

Shawn

1 - 7 of 7 Posts