Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,359 Posts
I'm pretty sure there is one in there. Like Cascade said, its not the best thing to do. What I would like to know is why you want more sound? Higher decibel levels only harm our sport and make it harder to find riding places (I'm really seeing the affects of that now). If it doesn't add performance then what is the point. Also as Cascade mentioned, a full exhaust will make it louder, but more importantly it will increase performance if done properly.

Edit... a slip on for a raptor will not do the same thing as a full exhaust system either.

·
Registered
435 Posts
a slip on is for sound and no power gain...get a full system and get the best of both worlds.

·
Git-R-Done
729 Posts
I agree a slip on will do nothing.

·
Master of the Electron
15,679 Posts
If you remove the baffle AND improve intake flow by opening up the airbox and going to an aftermarket filter, you can see some power increase (you will have to re-jet also). It causes no harm to the engine, but it does get a lot louder with significantly less power increase than that seen from going to an aftermarket pipe/exhaust and doing the intake mods... but it can be a decent first step to see a modest power gain.

What everybody seems to be missing is that ANY reduction in resistance to air in to and exhaust out of the cylinder can increase performance - so removing the baffle or changing to a slip-on DOES lead to some more power (especially in conjunction with the airbox mods). The improvement is just small compared to going with full pipe/muffler system.

·
Super Moderator
17,062 Posts
Combined with an intake that allows for the lid to be removed you can see a 3 hp or so bump in peak and a bit more on the over rev when removing the stock spark arrestor and baffle. This is close to the gains seen with a quality slip on without a quiet core or sparky.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.