Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi , my mate is considering buying a raptor and taking it abroad, we currently live in england. He wants to take the bike to pakistan. 1st of all the bike will be stripped here, and sent over in bits. How hard will it be to assemble?( he is a complete novice, good at reading manuals though)

And also in pakistan, getting parts is extremely dificult for quads, so i will be sending/shipping him maintenance parts from the uk.iv been told the raptor 700 r very good on maintenence and servicing. So should be ok i hope. The land there is all rough terrain, dusty, perfect territory for a quad. What would he need to take with him as essentials, i.e filters,oil and stuff lyk that.

Im trying to get as much info together. Thanx in advance ppl. (il be checking thread regularly.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi , my mate is considering buying a raptor and taking it abroad, we currently live in england. He wants to take the bike to pakistan. 1st of all the bike will be stripped here, and sent over in bits. How hard will it be to assemble?( he is a complete novice, good at reading manuals though)

And also in pakistan, getting parts is extremely dificult for quads, so i will be sending/shipping him maintenance parts from the uk.iv been told the raptor 700 r very good on maintenence and servicing. So should be ok i hope. The land there is all rough terrain, dusty, perfect territory for a quad. What would he need to take with him as essentials, i.e filters,oil and stuff lyk that.

Im trying to get as much info together. Thanx in advance ppl. (il be checking thread regularly.
hi,

brought mine to spain, same conditions and you can ride anywhere there is not a fence or gate, so thats an awful lot of terrain, ten hour days riding is not unusual here, biggest problem is spain is a third world country when it comes to spare parts, you can get them but it often takes 2 or 3 weeks and the price is easily triple what you would pay in england, so we try to get most spares from the U.S. when the postage or shipping is right price, that can alone knock the price up to near spanish costs! which is a bummer cos the parts there are actually cheap!or from UK , However again potage is a problem!! it can take 21days from entering Spain to being delivered unless you use UPS or tnt or Dhl, which again bumps the price up!!lol
spares well best way is to look at where he will be riding and what is easily damaged, oil and filters are a must(oil is again triple what it is in UK)
would suggest wheels are likley to be easily bent on rocks etc and tyres cut, track rod ends, definetly a clutch!! has it got nerfs? would need them out on rocks etc, handle bars are easily bent in an incident, and believe it or not rear axle bearing are quite easily worn out in the dust!! spare chain and sprockets would also be on my list!!
ttfn

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, thats quiete alot ov bits man . . Wot do u think they will be like on general wear and tear . . Sum1 told my friend you can cover 500 miles without even changing oil? Is this true,
(thanx once again, im just tryin to get all info and do as much research myself)

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
i sure u "could" go 500 miles but is highly not recommended. I guess one thing to ask is how long will he be staying there? week? month? year?

·
Registered
61 Posts
As said above buy oil and filters by the case load!!

500 miles? dont know, personally i change my oil every 20 hours ,
these engines are tough but i dont know about 500 miles guess it al depends on how its ridden, road biles the change is around a 1000miles for oil changes but they aint subject to the harsh riding the quad does, bear in mind the oil also lubricates the clutch asnd the gearbox,so it works extremely hard in there,
your bike your choice, but if you want the engine to last then regular oil changes are king!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts