Raptor Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New guy here. I am looking for some info. I am about 6' 4" and was wondering how these Raptors were for taller riders? I have a Kodiak 450 now. It is a great quad but is not the best for trail riding. My son has a Honda 400EX. It is a little cramped for me. Any tall guys out there please chime in.

Thanks
Russ

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
I'm 6'7" and like the Raptors. A DS650 did fit me better but its just not as cool as the Raptor's are;)
Damn Dog I thought I was tall at 6'2 @ 240 I was 250. I'd like to be about 215-220 when I get back to riding. I run stock stem a rox riser and I believe it's a 1.75" riser and 15* flexxbars from FasstCo. I think it's fine, I could raise the bars more but I wouldn't sit as aggressive as I like for hugging the tank and hanging off the inside of it in turns sliding as far as I wanna. Idk how you wanna ride or how your riding style is. Sounds like you're gonna want higher bars sit on it then measure how much higher you'd like them. Then look at stems or risers or both. Good luck and hope you get it right and how you like it.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I'm 6'7" and like the Raptors. A DS650 did fit me better but its just not as cool as the Raptor's are;)

Daammn! you're one tall dude. :)

·
Registered
197 Posts
I'm 6'6" and the raptor fits me great!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the replies. I will see if I can find a good used one. Are the 660 and 700 about the same? I am not going to race or any thing. Just need something that is comfortable to ride on the trails. I will keep it stock except for things like bars, tires etc. No motor work.

Thanks
Russ

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
^ I thought the 660 I rode before getting my 700 was a little tippy and a little more wheely happy.

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
I will keep it stock except for things like bars, tires etc. No motor work.

Thanks
Russ
:lol: :lol: :lol:
uhhh huhhh

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
Im 6'1" but sit as tall as someone 6'6" and its great with my +1 steering stem...there was a guy on here @u one time called big mike that was 6'8" and like 300lbs he liked his raptor but thought the ktm 525 was cool so he bought one....and sold it a month later cause it was too small and he started looking for a raptor again...

·
Clean 700 Raptor
275 Posts
Love my RAPTOR 700

I'm 6'-7" and 285 lbs. and love the Raptor and the way it fits me !!!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.