Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first of all, i love my raptor 700r, but i have i have one problem with it. it like to wheele on out of corners. how can i tame it without making it longer. should i gear it up,what gear?other alternatives. trust me it has tons of torque and i won't miss a little

·
Registered
661 Posts
Get a crj lowering kit. Idid and it helped alot. I dont use mine anymore. Pm me if ur interested

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Just a few thoughts, some already mentioned with more detail and depth.

Change riding behaviour:
Easiest way - Lean forward
Less desireable easy way - ease up on throttle
Other possibility - slip clutch more

Change action of tires on roadway:
Cost-free way - increase tire pressure (less traction = less likely to wheelie)
Spend a not-insignificant amount of money - buy new tires with different tread charachteristics and/or sizes
Cheap good way - buy new sprocket(s) and gear up as RyanRR posted

Change action of the suspension:
Good way - adjust shocks
Great way that costs some $$$ - get new shocks
Idea that seems good until something goes wrong - use lowering kit for everyday riding

·
Registered
22 Posts
I would advise you gear up the front sprocket 1 tooth. Its only 7 bux for a sprocket, its going to make your gears seem longer, and should take down that torquey jumpiness feeling a bit. A lowering kit is not sensible in riding conditions with any debris.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
What no more bunny Madogg? :grin_nod:

I love the 15t for what you are talking about... I put that on, and it;s night and day diff. After a run down the drag strip... I turn around and shoot right into a little catwalk... me likes. I sarted out running a cheapy e-bay special, My good buddy Tom @ sweetquads hooked me up with a White Bros. it definately is a better built sprocket. As for the torque... she's still got plenty to bring the front end up. :thumbsup:

·
VIP AKA Corn Dog
1,855 Posts
SandDragon said:
Yea, where's the bunny? That thing was great!

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Zebradog said:
SandDragon said:
Yea, where's the bunny? That thing was great!
McCree was target practicing and got the bunny so it's recovering now and will eventually be well enough to return to employment. :thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts