Raptor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was putting a new motor in my bike and came across a problem on my head were the exhaust manifold bolts on. The head had a tap stuck in it and its to hard to drill out. Any suggestions on what to do? I have the bottom part of the old head but im afraid of the bottom and top peices of the head not matching up because there off diffrent motors.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
I was putting a new motor in my bike and came across a problem on my head were the exhaust manifold bolts on. The head had a tap stuck in it and its to hard to drill out. Any suggestions on what to do? I have the bottom part of the old head but im afraid of the bottom and top peices of the head not matching up because there off diffrent motors.
You are correct in assuming that the valve cover and head wont fit together, they are a matched set.............
You will never drill out the broken tap, sorry to tell you this.......but if you are handy with a welder, weld to the broken tap and build it up so you can grab it with vise grips or weld a nut to it................

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
is any other ways to get the tap out?

·
Master of the Electron
15,680 Posts
Not without seriously damaging the hole - Willy's welding suggestion is your best bet. If you can't do it yourself, any machine shop should be able to and not charge you more than $50 or so. (hopefully less)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts