Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
***Wildland Firefighter***
3,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I will be filing my taxes soon and expect to get a decent chunk of change back. But I have come to a crossroad...I have long been an avid truck guy but with my new found love of my raptor I am torn on which to mod. I have an 04 ford ranger that is pretty much stock. And I have a basically stock 07 700. Its either the 3 mods (PCIII, pro flow, and DMC or LTE duals) for the raptor or a lift kit for the truck. I think I know what u all will say but I need to hear what you all think and some convincing reasoning behind your thoughts ! :grin_nod: Lets hear it...

·
Registered
815 Posts
Fords do SUCK.... I am a chevy man also.... there is no reason to waste money on that ford....

Hahahah - but in all honesty, i mean what is a lift kit going to get you? nothing really, it will look a little better, (im not for sure what you do for a job) but most ppl just drive their vehicle back and forth from work or school.... i mean how many times since you have had that truck have you been in a situation where you were wishing you had more ground clearence... NOW - how many times have you wished you had more power on your atv... everytime you get on it....

Plattner

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Raptor all the way. You will get more fun out of it and honestly a ranger doesn't look half as good as a hooked up Rator. You will get more for the money as well. But truly you need to do what makes you feel good. When i started modding the rap I haven't even thought of playing with my other toys. Denali somewhat hooked up, a gixxer nicely hooked up and a PS3. All fun stuff but the raptor takes the cake.

Just my $.02

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
scarface007 said:
sell the ranger , buy a chevy hook up the raptor with the 3 mods ! F- found O-on R-road D-ead.
FORD sux !!! :grin_nod:
If you are going to do that don't buy either get a Toyota :thumbsup: Honestly I think you should just fix up the raptor. A lift will only get you worse gas mileage and a crappy ride. Is your ranger even 4 wheel drive? If so just do a budget boost (shackel and spring spacers) and put some 31's under next time you need to replace the tires. That will get you a better look without blowing a bunch of money on aftermarket suspension that will just sag a few years down the road.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Well the new Ford superduty series just took a longshot out infront of all the other trucks, especially with the new 6.4L twin turbo. Stock it will smoke the tires and it is 2x's quiet as the duramax.........I also exspected chevy to build a nicer and better quality truck than the F150 out now, they failed at that. I set out to compare the two and was disappointed in the new chevy in terms of quality. Also the new BOSS motor for all the Ford truck and suv models is cool, 430hp!

anyways mod the raptor!

·
3,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am an avid off roader and hunter, so there have actually been a few times since I have owned it (only for a few months now) that I have both wanted more ground clearance and bigger tires and needed it. Also, I am a Ford guy, The Ranger is an awesome little truck. But I do not rag on Chevy because they make some awesome vehicles as well, mostly all pre 80s but thats the same with Ford. IMO in its class the Ranger is one of the best trucks out considering price utility and options, Dont tell me the Colorado is a better truck just dont because that thing is garbage, I mean come on the 4wd Colorados are about the same height as the two wheel drive Rangers. Now the full size truck industry is a different story, I think that Ford and Chevy are two very good trucks bar none.

Anyhoo...I am leaning more towards the 3 mods because a buddy of mine just bought he and his girlfriend each a new 700 that is identical to mine, so I need to set mine apart, needless to say I need to be able to stomp them when we ride. I hate when people have the same shit as me! haha I need to stand out (perhaps thats why I am EVENTUALLY going to lift my FORD regardless) :thumbsup:

·
3,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
pile0g00 said:
scarface007 said:
sell the ranger , buy a chevy hook up the raptor with the 3 mods ! F- found O-on R-road D-ead.
If you are going to do that don't buy either get a Toyota :thumbsup: Honestly I think you should just fix up the raptor. A lift will only get you worse gas mileage and a crappy ride. Is your ranger even 4 wheel drive? If so just do a budget boost (shackel and spring spacers) and put some 31's under next time you need to replace the tires. That will get you a better look without blowing a bunch of money on aftermarket suspension that will just sag a few years down the road.
Nah if Im going to lift, which I eventually will regardless, I am not going to half ass it. I will have 4 to 6 inches and 33s. All of my toys must be modded, stock is not an option, even if one is completely badass! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
yea that colorado is a piece! My friend in the neighborhood got one for his first car. In less than a month he got rid of it to get a 1500 chevy

·
Registered
815 Posts
I am a Chevy man as i said before... and i WILL AGREE that the colorado is a pile.... My buddy bought a colorado about 8 months ago and he is looking to trade it in already... it has NO towing power!!! My family farms, and one day my full size silverado 1500 ext cab , was hooked to a trailer and so we had to hook his colorado to our FUEL trailer and it couldnt hardly move it... ahh hahahah thats when he decided he needed to trade.... granite, the trailer is a 1000 gallon fuel trailor... but still....

Plattner

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I dont understand why they put a little 5 cylinder engine in it when they should have just thrown in a v6.........dont get it???

Anyways get DMC or LTE's for your raptor and a PC3 programmer it makes a stock raptor all the sudden sound like a harley :grin_nod: also get the intake with it and some nice itp tires holeshot tires will look good on it

·
Registered
134 Posts
pile0g00 said:
scarface007 said:
oh hell no ..... that jap crap ! dont get me wrong but japan needs to stick to making 4 wheelers and electronics. as far as trucks Ford is definatly a better truck company when it comes to full size trucks.but i rather buy a ford focus before i buy some a toyota truck !! but they sure make some cool a$$ bikes man !when i refered to ford i meant ford in general compared to GM ( the best car company in the world )....lol if my job heard me ill probably be fired since i work for bmw as a tech ...hahahahahaha. :grin_nod:

·
Registered
841 Posts
Machy said:
I dont understand why they put a little 5 cylinder engine in it when they should have just thrown in a v6.........dont get it???
Save on gas

·
Registered
22,016 Posts
GM-Isuzu needed a replacement for the S10-Hombre. Both were far outdated, and considered too small. By launching the Colorado-Canyon-I Series, the automakers itended to capture more of the mid-size market with emphasis on fuel enconomy. It is available in the I-4 and I-5 cylinder. Both are more efficient than old 2.2L inline four and the Vortec V-6. The horsepower increased, and it's towing capacity increased from the S10.

The Isuzu has struggled and have sold poorly whereas the Colorado and Canyon have sold very well.

The majority of it's success has came from Hummer, labeled as the Hummer H3.

~Brian

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Do you need to lift the Ranger or do you want to? If it's a matter of want I'd just put the money into the quad.
Lifted trucks are nice but can make loading a quad kinda risky depending on how long your ramps are. And really, what use is a lifted Ford Ranger?
I'm not calling it a piece or anything .. just considering how much more money you'd have to put into it to really gain any benefit from lifting a Ranger: lift the body all you want the pumpkins are still only about four inches off the ground; bigger wheels and tires (more money)raise the pumpkins but you'd also have to lift the body to make room for all that rubber (more money).
Ultimately a lifted truck just means more of a pain in the ass when loading and unloading - especially if you already have ramps for the quad. You'd have to buy longer ones depending on how high you lift your truck. There's another $100 (at least) just for the ramps. Do you tow anything with your truck? A lifted truck could mean needing a drop hitch - more money.
Shop around and you'll likely be able to do all three quad mods for the price of a decent lift kit.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Cheaper to do the 3 mods correctly on the 700. The only way to lift a Ranger is with Kings through the hood and that is a spendy proposition.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts