Raptor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a new set of shocks. My buddy can hook me up with a set of elka dune series shocks and roll design a-arms for about 1500. He put them on his YFZ and they are sweet. My questions is how will my yfz shocks redone by TCS stack up against a set of elka's or some ohlins. TCS sounds like a great alternative, but i don't want to sell myself short.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
TCS is by far better than elka's I dont think your selling your self short.
If you have a option I can get you a set of motowoz and LT a-arms for 1675.00.. But the a-arms aren't roll design..

·
Registered
482 Posts
Ken

Can you please PM me with a price for TCS triple rate shocks w/remote res. standard length travel? Also what is the current lead time for odering these shocks?

Thank you,
Brett

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does TCS sell their own shocks? If so is there a difference between buying their shocks and having them redo mine?

·
VIP AKA Corn Dog
1,855 Posts
Yes they do sell their own shock, but you will pay more, go to this place, I bought my Zero Preload TCS setup from Joe here, he got me a good deal and made sure I got taken care of.

http://atvsuspensiontech.net/tcs.htm

Good service, and I love the shocks. He sells all brands, and can tell you what your best options are. Trust me, he knows his shit...

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Zebradog said:
Yes they do sell their own shock, but you will pay more, go to this place, I bought my Zero Preload TCS setup from Joe here, he got me a good deal and made sure I got taken care of.

http://atvsuspensiontech.net/tcs.htm

Good service, and I love the shocks. He sells all brands, and can tell you what your best options are. Trust me, he knows his shit...
Talk to Ken at KB I am pretty sure he can beat their price. He did when I got quotes from them both.

·
VIP AKA Corn Dog
1,855 Posts
I was told they will work great. A good person to ask is Joe at ATVSuspensionTech.com. Give him a call. I talked to him bfore I had my rear done, and I just bought Zero Preload fronts, because I didn't have time to E-bay a set of 450's and then send them in, I had a trip in 2 weeks. I've been real happy with the ones I got from him.

·
Registered
272 Posts
alvaro3jr said:
So will my reworked yfz shocks work as well as the "all" TCS shock?
I asked atvsuspension this question and they said that the all TCS shock will have more shaft travel, a larger shaft, and better cooling properties. From what I have understood from my own research is, if you want to race buy the whole shock. If you want to just ride hard, buy the conversion.

·
VIP AKA Corn Dog
1,855 Posts
I bought the whole thing. I had the rear revaled and zero preload springs in it, but I bought the fronts outright. I love my setup.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts