1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
371 Posts
i heard they get good increases, but i would never go with a alba pipe, just because of how loud and annoying it is.

·
Registered
22,016 Posts
Alba? I don't know anyone with an Alba. They seem a bit pricey. I would go with a Yoshimura or HMF. You could do the same thing with any other pipe that's out there. Depending on what type of riding you do, I would look for the pipe with the best gains in the mid range area. Any pipe is better than stock.

~Brian

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I run that same setup, with the pro flow kn and alba....

I will agree, its very very loud, so if you ride in sound sensitive areas, I would get the sound suppression kit....

But, with that said, it makes great power, and got rid of my CT exhaust for this and am happy with the trade, I am now looking at selling the alba and going barkers

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Go with a CT, its a better pipe IMO. Its the most powerful single, and is tuneable. You can take discs out in sound sensitive areas and put them back in when you want more power again. Search for some threads on the CT pipe, you'll see a bunch of people who have the CT and weigh in on the issue of which pipe to get. Single pipe, go with CT.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I would say a sparks is a more powerful single than the ct

and dyno to dyno, i gain .3 peak horse with my alba over my ct with 20 disks

the removable disks sure were nice though.....

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
NateDiggity said:
I would say a sparks is a more powerful single than the ct

and dyno to dyno, i gain .3 peak horse with my alba over my ct with 20 disks

the removable disks sure were nice though.....
According to Alan the CT makes the most power with 16 discs, built or not. Have you ran the 16 back to back with the 20-disc setup on the dyno? I'd be interested to see how Alan's claim holds up.

Agreed, the Sparks Big core makes more hp. But I'm very suprised to hear that the alba is in the same category. Is it one of the newer ones or the old one that looked like a mishapen boomerang?

·
Registered
364 Posts
mishapen boomerang?......are you talking about the old megaphone style?? that's the one i have....tons of power but annoyingly loud......

Max

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Max, Yes I think we're talking about the same one. It had that sharp corner in the bend from the megaphone to the canister. They did make pretty good power though, on par IMO with any HMF or similar. But the noise and occasionally the finish's durability left something to be desired.

·
Registered
350 Posts
My best friend picked up a alba pipe this past week, we got to install in on fri night and he got it jetted and setup on saturday. My pipe is very loud but damn its differenct actually hearing another bike next to me. It's loud or louder than the sparks, his bike at the same shop/dyno put down 46.2rwhp so I put down 6.4 more rwhp with the big core.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts