Raptor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so all my friends are doggin me for being stock STILL one year later, so i was looking into the tech quad shops stage 2.. anyone have it? what do you think? i want some serious yet reliable power and no way better than to do it all at once! how is this kit working out for you? is the power strong or do you reccomending getting something different? thanks, chris

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
Stage 2 kit includes

barker or lte duals
pc3
airflow intake system
webcam (your choice of stage 1 or 3)
12:1 cp piston

There are a few members running similar setups. Maybe they can chime in and tell you how much they love it.

Steven

·
VIP AKA Corn Dog
1,855 Posts
To be honest, I would stick with the three mods first, before you go changing the CAM and piston. The three mods are pretty good, cheaper, bolt on, and a lot less work than a pistong and cam. Take it one step at a time.

·
Registered
153 Posts
It might take you 2 hours to put in that 12:1 piston. It is well worth the trouble. I ran that set up above for about a year on stock cam and I loved it. You get a very nice gain from the piston and those duals ( I just installed) are really really worth the money. I have yet to find a cam that made me want to slap it in :crazy:

·
VIP AKA Corn Dog
1,855 Posts
Does the high compression piston force you to use hgh octane gas?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Zebradog said:
Does the high compression piston force you to use hgh octane gas?
i guess that would be a yes, as long as its high octain pump than thats fine i dont care to buy prem. i just dont eant to have to use fuels i cant get down the street

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Go with a 11.1 and you can use premium!!

·
Registered
153 Posts
It doesn't necesarily require it! 91 octane is all I have ran on mine, even when I was down at 1000ft in MN. You can even get 93 octane at a lot of gas stations, at least around me in Colorado. I have had zero trouble with it (91), I ran 12:1 for a year, over 70 hours on a piston with no detonation problems, visibly inspected the piston just a few weeks ago.

To be clear, I am not advising running low octane to anyone, simply stating what has worked for me. You should always carefully monitor your machine to know if you are running appropriate octane for your compression. Some people refuse to accept anything less than 100 octane in a piston above 11.5:1, thats fine. I chose to find what actually supplied proper ignition without going over board on octane ratings that take away from power.

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
If your really intersted you can give us a call and we wil put together a special package for you. One that suits your riding style and needs. We have head porting available as well as a bunch of other options.

You should be able to run up to 12.5:1 compression on Premium fuel (92 octane here)

·
VIP AKA Corn Dog
1,855 Posts
I'm at sea level here, so I'll have to find out what I can run safely

·
Registered
180 Posts
Does anyone know of a source for higher compression "shelf" piston's? Say 13.5 or 14.1?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Lancester said:
Does anyone know of a source for higher compression "shelf" piston's? Say 13.5 or 14.1?
Nope but you proberly could deck the head to bring the compression up i guess like a car engine .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts