Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just rebuilt my whole quad, swapped frames. When I started it up the temp light is staying on even when it isn't running, when it's running cold, hot etc.

I had to miss a wire somewhere I think. It worked fine before the frame swap so I doubt it's a bad sensor etc.

Ideas?

The fan and one of the other plugs are interchangeable could that be the issue if I had them mixed up?

·
Master of the Electron
15,629 Posts
Simply look at the color codes on the wiring diagram. (Last page of free downloaded manual)

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did that. Everything seems to match.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Install a inline temp gauge and you'll know how hot it really is. Is the coolant flowing/circulating? Did you do anything to engine while swapping like rebuild or anything?

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Is the starter switch sticking?

·
Master of the Electron
15,629 Posts
I did that. Everything seems to match.
Then why would you ask this?

The fan and one of the other plugs are interchangeable could that be the issue if I had them mixed up?
If you look at the wire colors on the 'interchangeable' plugs, and compare to the diagram you can immediately determin whether you have them connected correctly...

If you have two of the two pin connectors interconnected - one with white/blue and black wires and the other with red/white and black wire, you may well see your temp light on always (but some other things would have to be mis-wired also) - I suggest you look those again.

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I asked because at the time of my post I didn't check that. After the suggestion I did and the wires were connected correctly.

I have the clutch switch wired together but that is all I believe. I have a different clutch control setup than factory.

Yes I completely rebuilt the motor top to bottom, gears crank everything.

I'll look into your suggestion on those wires QM

1 - 7 of 7 Posts