Raptor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone put a tether on a raptor 125. I was wondering if it was like the yfz 450 if I remember right they hooked up different. But I dont really remeber how it hooked up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ditto - I am shopping for the exact same thing, would love to hear what is being done.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Soldered one wire to trigger side of coil and grounded other to ground of coil nice clean install and easy!!!!!!!

·
Registered
126 Posts
I just unpluged the wire on coil and stuck the kill switch wire in the little holr on the tap on coil and pluged wire backup. Works great.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys. Resurrecting an old thread. Can you point me to a resource to buy the right kill switch for the raptor 125. I bought a 2011 for my son and want to get a switch installed. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
7,814 Posts
eBay has them for around $20

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks. There is some conversation online about a normally open or closed tether and compatibility with the bike. Do you know how to tell the difference on the 125? I wamt to make sure I am installing the correct part.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
10,599 Posts
You want a normally closed switch. Installed in line with your key switch wires. Do not connect to your coil, it can damage your ECU. Not all ebay switches are labeled open or closed, so be sure you get normally closed. When the tether is pulled it opens the circuit as if the key is turned off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts