Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently got a pro armor kill switch and am trying to find out which of the 2 wires plugged into the coil does the switch connect to, or does it matter on just either one. Racing at an indoor mx track and would like to hook up this time.Thx 4 help! J

·
Registered
340 Posts
Check ProArmor's website. I believe they have a harness that was specifically designed to plug into the wiring harness.

Frank

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok im still looking for some insight on the rt way to connect these wires if anyone knows. The harness deal from the site i already made that took like 5 mins. But i plug one into the pos. terminal on the coil , the other went to grnd and I blew the igniniton fuse. The kill did work but bcuz of blowin the fuse. If anyone knows this or has a better way like to the lean angle sensor or smthn that would be great.thx J

·
Premium Member
6,554 Posts
Ive got one on mine(pro armor). The ground wire I just bolted it to one of the bolts in the frame and the other slices in line with the wire coming from the stator to the coil. The goal is to ground the stator wire to shut the engine off. Thats it, done.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thats a pretty good idea as long as I can find the rt wire for the fuel pump. Now that wont hurt nothing w the fi right? My buddy read smthn about this switch hookin up to the coil isnt good for the ecu or the fi or smthn. Is that just bs.

·
Registered
104 Posts
there is a blue and yellow wire coming off the stator that is the coil signal wire that is the one you want.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok I think im pickin up on this, I was just figuring the ignition coil wires were running to the stator coil for the ac magneto, but now im thinking I just need to deal w the stator wire like your saying and not deal w the ignition at all. Ok cool tks!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Just for a point of interest guys there have been a lot of problems with people wiring up kill switches to there coils on the 700 blowing the ecu by giving it a spike backfeed

you need a normaly open switch from any electrical shop so that the curcuit is made with the teather in and broken when its out and wire it into the kill button on the bars. you wont get a problem :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone know if the tether information you have been discussing holds true on a raptor 350? I understand that the 350 is not fuel injection, but is the wire the same color? thx.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I also just bought a pro armor kill switch and I wired it to the coil just like how the instructions said. I have not heard anything about this blowing the ECU up. Have very many people had this problem?

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
splice into the orange wire.... the red one will blow a fuse.. trust me i found out the hard way that is it, and havent had a prob. w/ it

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
on the coil, sorry forgot to put it in the first reply..

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yeah I found the red wire issue out the hard way also. Just wondering because someone above said that it could blow the ECU if you wired it into the coil. Kinda worried me. Anyone have some info on that topic?

·
Registered
767 Posts
Where is the best place to tap into the stator wire? Is this safer then the coil wire as far as spiking the ECU?

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
no it wont spike it if you tie into the orange wire on the coil. just DO NOT tie into the red, if it doesnt blow a fuse it will blow the ecu..

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts