Raptor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
were thinkin of makin a drag strip a little closer to home for us so if anyone interested let me know it will be on the red river on hwy 79. so if ur close and want to race let me know. it will be heads up run what ya brung racing who ever gets to the end first wins. just tryin to start sumthin. lol.

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Trying to keep the rivalry alive. :stickpoke:

·
Registered
143 Posts
im in enid ok. thought about going down to ardmore soon. have you been there?ive heard that its pretty good. ive been to little sahara, keystone lake,stillwater and lake stanley draper. actually were going to keystone in the morning,appalacia bay. weve been a few times already. good place for the kids!!!

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
I go to Lake Murray in Ardmore quite often. The place is great and has alot of trails place to drag and some pretty good sandy spots. The camping spots are the best that ive found anywhere. We usually go with a big group and get some pretty good dragging going. Night riding is awesome. We are planning on going on Nov. 3rd-5th. Come by and have some fun.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i havent been there but a few of my buddys have and say its great. have fun.

·
Registered
337 Posts
you all need to come ride the river in Norman. July August are best when the river gets really low. 50-70mph runs up and down it (baja 1000 style), 50mph water crossings are pretty cool too

·
Registered
554 Posts
I go to Keystone a lot with the kids. The kids like below the damn a little better though. Lots of sand and it is a little easier on the kids and their smaller machines. The island has some pretty rutted out trails and washouts that kind of intimidated my youngest rider.

Just got back from Little Sahara yesterday. First time for my 9 year old boy and 11 year old daughter. Left the 7 year old girl behind though. They are already bugging me about when we can go back. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
143 Posts
well i didnt go to appalacia bay this weekend, kinda cold and everyone is catching colds. i havnt been below the dam yet,need to try there. my sons sunl 90 wont go in the sand though, tires are to small i guess. im wanting to buy him a trx 90 but there so expensive. i think well try ardmore this weekend if everything goes right. this will be our first trip there.

·
Registered
143 Posts
how does that polaris 90 do in the sand? how was it at little sahara? thanks

·
Registered
554 Posts
That little Polaris 90 impresses the hell out of me. It is a 2-stroke so it rips in the sand. I couldn't decide either between the Polaris 90 and the TRX. But price and 2-stroke made me get the Polaris and I am really happy with my decision. The suspension is awesome on it and you can't hardly beat that 2 stroke power in those smaller CC bikes. Plus there are a ton of hop up options for the 90 cc 2-stroke bikes. 2006 is the last year for the Predator 90, so you can get a killer deal right now on a leftover 2006. Next year it will be an Outlaw and a 4-stroke. But you still can get a limited edition Predator 90 in pink for 2007.

It did really well at Little Sahara, ok. I was running stock tires on it and he could go up about 80% of the dunes. I am going to buy him some paddles for it before the next trip and it should be unstoppable. :thumbsup:
Here are a few pics of that little 90.

Here is one for a good size comparison. Pred 90, Raptor 350, Jetmoto 150.

·
Registered
143 Posts
thanks for taking the time to reply. love the pics!! ive never really gave the polaris any consideration, they even have a dealer here in Enid. im going over there today. thanks

·
Registered
337 Posts
palerider... What kind of paddles do you have?

·
Registered
63 Posts
ChoChillin said:
you all need to come ride the river in Norman. July August are best when the river gets really low. 50-70mph runs up and down it (baja 1000 style), 50mph water crossings are pretty cool too
I ride on the South Canadian in Purcell every weekend, if you think you got some good racing up there come down here and try your luck

1 - 13 of 13 Posts