Raptor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got some fog lights i pulled out closet very nice slim ovel black shape with nice color plastic and lense there black and are standered fog lights I bought from autozone/advance. I set them on the grill cover and they look perfect. Like the raptor is wearing some cool sunglasses. I have to show pics in few hrs when wife gets home with camera.

Anyways how much current can i pull with my stock electrical system? I like to install these and some more stuff down the road.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Still @ 200 if the stock headlights are removed? My fenders are cut and I can't put stock lights on it so I need to get creative.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am really considering drilling holes on my grill to mount the fog lights I got. They look really well mounted to the top of the grill and would really help me night rideing at high speeds. Just go buy some from advance/autozone get some nice shiny ones with a slim ovel shape also. I paid 20-30 for mine came with remote control are you can wire it for toggel switch.

·
Registered
6 Posts
according to my service manual the stock stator puts out 16Amps. I just installed a pair of Acro 8" oval HID's where my front fenders used to be so i just went through calculating the load for how many amps i will pull. the stock head lights are 30 watt bulbs so as long as your fog lights are not more than that you will definatly be fine. as of last year i had stock head lights a 35 watt dust light out back and an 1157 bulb with both filaments soldered together for a whip light and I NEVER had an issue. as of now i removed the stock headlights and put my HID's in place of them and I will pull less amps with them than the stock ones, and I still have my dust light and whip light.
In my opinon mount the lights as high as you can and they will be more usefull. (see my pic in my other post in the aftermarket section titled "My HID's")
hope this helps

1 - 4 of 4 Posts