Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I've been reading posts here for a while now and there's been plenty of topics I've wanted to add remarks to, but the computers at work (where I do most of my reading) won't let me log in to post anything. I actually feel pretty lame using all this info and not contributing anything myself.

I greatly appreciate all the helpful information, and even all the trivial 'faster?' and 'what's this do?' posts.

I recently carried my Raptor to the dealership for some work. I was confident with my diagnosis before even going up there because of some posts I have read here.
I must say, it felt real good going to a dealership, unloading, telling them what to fix, and loading back up in just over an hour. I've experienced FAR worse return times from dealerships before.
The mechanic hooked up the computer and it gave him the trouble code for the TPS. He put on a new one and she fired up. It was still kinda rough on the idle, but there were no more trouble codes. I told him that I pressure wash. So, he started going over all the electrical connections, drying them out, greasing and reconnecting.
It was pretty cool watching the mechanic ride back from a test run with a big smile on his face (eventhough he knew I wasn't going to pay him).
It was simple enough for me to do, but that extended warranty has to be used for something.

Thanks again

and while I'm here, a few minor contributions from myself:

1 Resort to this forum FIRST, no matter how trivial the question

2 Be the Alpha-male, ride a Raptor because there are no "Raptor-killers".

3 If you don't like your Raptor, get the '08 model.

4 You're pretty smart for getting a Raptor, protect that head... besides, 'faceless' riders are far more intimidating

5 Simple maintenance is simple, do it

6 Win the lottery, that might be enough money to put into your Raptor!

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Glad everything worked out for you.....Welcome to the site.. 8)

·
Registered
793 Posts
Man! .. It would be so hard for me to just read on this site and not post. Why dont you try to hack their system :grin_nod: JK Welcome!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Awsome man. Its good to hear from you. By the way... nice truck.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Being a noob to the site, I would have to welcome you and look forward to your input on the topics. I have learned alot from this site about my raptor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts