Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They should think of a new ignition system on the raptor 700...

I wanted to go ridin on my uncles raptor but he lost his key ::), So i figured ill just go over there and hotwire it, He said i could. Im not goin to tell u how i did it but it is THE WORST and THE EASIEST for a little hooligan to steal...Seriously my 1984 honda is harder to hotwire.

·
Registered
368 Posts
All ATVs are pretty easy to hot wire.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On my '84 honda it takes alot...U gotta get a washer, rip apart the ingition...Tape the washer onto all 4 contact points in order for it to start.
I think yamaha should take a look at this

·
Registered
368 Posts
ILoveRaptors said:
On my '84 honda it takes alot...U gotta get a washer, rip apart the ingition...Tape the washer onto all 4 contact points in order for it to start.
I think yamaha should take a look at this
Or just put yours in the garage.. .or get an alarm.. or lock it up some how...

·
Registered
833 Posts
i had to hot wire my raptor because i forgot the key on one trip. yep really easy.

·
Registered
98 Posts
What a world we live in..... Having to lock up our bikes or put alarms on them... Whats wrong with a bit of hard work to buy our toys :crazy: :crazy:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ha, some kids where i live, they were 16,17... and they stole 5 snow machines on my street alone, they stole my Formula 3 and my friends 06 Summit...

·
Registered
102 Posts
EXPLICIT said:
What a world we live in..... Having to lock up our bikes or put alarms on them... Whats wrong with a bit of hard work to buy our toys :crazy: :crazy:
Sometimes people are just jealous.

E

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
my buddy took his to the track one day and lost the key, had to get back up to the gate, they had it started in under a minute for him lol

·
Registered
45 Posts
buy a dog

·
Registered
102 Posts
Dogs are the best, they're as good or better then an alarm system (as much for your family and house then personal material belongings) .

·
Registered
833 Posts
not that your dog would not kick ass and take names but discovery did a show on people breaking in to houses and most people are like we have big dogs and nobody would come in here and still. it is funny how unloyal most dogs get when someone provides some good dinner. a big steak. it was so funny that way. i say the best thing is insurance.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Depends on the dog.I owned pitbulls all my life and they are pretty smart dogs.I don't think if you threw them a steak they would ignore you.Maybe they would just long enough to let you get well in range.lol.Seriously though,some dogs are too smart for that and they know what thier job is.

·
Registered
833 Posts
i am not saying a dog would not do it's job but these ex crooks said that most of the time the dogs would never give them any troble. and that was all dogs. they did say that the small ones like poodles etc would be a pain because they would bark and never do anything just be annoying.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Thats kinda funny though picturing it.Unloyal dog :mad: .Come home and all your stuff is gone and there is your dog chewin on some steak bone.

·
Registered
102 Posts
therineman said:
not that your dog would not kick ass and take names but discovery did a show on people breaking in to houses and most people are like we have big dogs and nobody would come in here and still. it is funny how unloyal most dogs get when someone provides so me good dinner. a big steak. it was so funny that way. i say the best thing is insurance.

I guess you've never owned a dog, or perhaps your dogs weren't loyal to YOU. I have for my saying, a dog knows who his master is (or the probably sees it as who feeds him!) This is my second dog, and all I can say, which no one can argue with is this:

As soon as a car pulls in the driveway my dog is outside and just knows if it's a family car not. If it's a guest, the dog is barking and won't stop for a good 2 or 3 minutes. Someone knocking at the door will also get the dog barking.

Erik

·
Registered
102 Posts
therineman said:
i am not saying a dog would not do it's job but these ex crooks said that most of the time the dogs would never give them any troble. and that was all dogs. they did say...
Enough to wake someone if you're sleeping at the house. If you're away on an extended leave then you shbut ld have smoeone house sitting if you can or at least inform a friendly neighbor, that is the safer way IMO. Just to add, I'm sure some dogs could be trained to defend a house in absence of his master, lots of dogs already do it and look at a police K9 how they can be trained to act and understand with such precision.

Erik

R

·
0 Posts
All I have to do to start my Prairie 700 is plug somethimg in the Dc Outlet like a spotlight and press the start button and it cranks right up the key doesn't even have to be in it.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts