Raptor Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Whats the proper way of adjusting the pilot fuel/air scews on these duel carbs? I've read where they should be both the same as well as the right should stay a 2 out and adjust the left only. How do you adjust the screw?

·
Super Moderator
17,057 Posts
I put them at the same level, but I have seen people running them offset by 1/2 turn (right 1/2 turn richer) without any problems.

·
Master of the Electron
14,821 Posts
At low RPM, there's not much difference in flow between the left and right intakes, so equal is fine...

Just assume that something like 1.5 Left / 2.5 Right is equivalent to 2 in both... it averages out.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Can any of you guys recommend a good youtube video to explain everything you are talking about? I search and there is so many and most of them just suck! I am a visual person...thank you.

·
Super Moderator
17,057 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Need Help!!

I have a full FMF exhaust and a K&N air filter, and a dyno jet jetting kit sitting around for my 2005 raptor 660. If possible, can i get any recommendations to start the jetting for optimized performance please!

·
Master of the Electron
14,821 Posts
If your airbox is open at all:

DJ 146 L / 148 R mains, 25 pilots, DJ needles 1 notch rich of center, fuel screws around 2.5 turns out.

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Is there a jetting chart out there for elevation? I just picked up a 03 660 and have run it around at 5000 ft. It runs great and has all the power that I want. I will be taking it to a riding area that has elevations between 8000 to 10000 feet. The bike is totally stock with stock jets. I just want to make sure I have it jetted right to run at the higher elevations.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts